Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Elebato

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
TextWrangler
version 5.5.2 (397016)
(Mac App Store build)

TextWrangler is dead, is has been superseeded by the free version of BBEdit. The non-paid Version of BBEdit offers the same functionalities TextWrangler had and works without problems in Mojave.

macbookpro13

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2010
How has printer software compatibility been? My Canon all-in-one is a 32 bit application so I am afraid of upgrading to Mojave.

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
Anyone out there using Font Explorer X Pro that can comment on Mojave compatibility? Current version is 6.0.5. No word from the (traditionally pretty slow) developer, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any hands-on experience. It's a critical piece of my workflow as a designer. Thanks!

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I see from the "apps that work list" that Codeweaver's Crossover is listed. Does that mean that an old Windows app (Lotus Approach) which I have gotten to work under HS will also work when I upgrade to Mojave? Thanks.

meteor71

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
How has printer software compatibility been? My Canon all-in-one is a 32 bit application so I am afraid of upgrading to Mojave.
I have an Epson WF-3540 printer and compatibility has not been a problem for me since I upgraded to macOS Mojave. I use applications like Microsoft Office, PDF Expert, and PDFScanner as well as Apple's own Image Capture and have not had any problems whatsoever.

Truyrhtbtfyjn

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2018
Keynote animation is super buggy. I can animate fine, but when recording but especially when exporting it’s rubbish.

don1138

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Anyone having trouble getting Go2Shell to install in Finder toolbar?

I think it was working when I updated to Mojave, but now it's gone and won't re-install in toolbar.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
PathFinder 8 is a mess on any platform, but the way Cocoatech has tried to do dark mode on Mojave’s is an abomination. And their ‘support’ is virtually non-existent. That’s a huge shame because they used to be good, responsive and helpful.

Reactions: Hawaiian Starman

Droid13

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
United Kingdom
The list of apps that are working includes Caffeine 1.1.1 (http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/). However, I have found that it is not working at all - although it appears to load, filling the cup with coffee doesn't keep my MacBook awake anymore; the screensaver just kicks in anyway.

Before I edit the Wiki, can anyone else verify?

Zax

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
Anybody else here is using Adobe Director? I would like to confirm a couple of issues. I cannot create projectors unless I exclude all the Xtras. Maybe the problem is in my machine only?

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I see from the "apps that work list" that Codeweaver's Crossover is listed. Does that mean that an old Windows app (Lotus Approach) which I have gotten to work under HS will also work when I upgrade to Mojave? Thanks.

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/rabhiram/2018/6/26/the-good-the-bad-and-maybe-not-so-ugly

The take-away, is "they CAN offer 64 bit for Mojave" .

I've been using Wineskin (winery) with HS, and it continued to work after Mojave upgrade.. http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-view_blog_post.php?postId=87

The only thing is brakes if "Auto detect GPU" for DirectX, which i had to disable, but part from that, everything still works.

I know this is a feature of Wineskin, but i think its always on in Crossover:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=123990;msg=123978

Can sometimes cause issues, but may be ok.

Last edited:

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
PDFZone is now fully compatible with macOS Mojave!
Also support the Dark Mode :cool::)

Starman535

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2018
I just installed macOS Mojave this afternoon without difficulty, but found that two of my apps needed updating as a result. They are Printopia (to v3.0.12) and anyTrans (to v7.0.1). All of the other apps that I have had already been updated to newer versions prior to my upgrading to Mojave.

I would say that my biggest issue in migrating from macOS High Sierra to macOS Mojave has been the password manager, 1Password. In macOS Mojave, Apple has made certain changes to its operating system that resulted in the "browser extensions" used by many password managers to become inoperable. I didn’t know this at the time I chose to upgrade to Mojave but have since learned that these changes have resulted in such dynamic changes to 1Password that its developer created a new type of browser extension that he has dubbed the “1Password X project”. Basically, what I had to do was to upgrade my version of 1Password to v7.2 (the one designed for Mojave), throw out my existing “works with High Sierra” (Google) Chrome browser extension, and replace it with a new "1Password X" browser extension. The 1Password v7.2 upgrade was made somewhat difficult because even though I had purchased my copy of 1Password through the App Store, the v7.2 version of 1Password has yet to be posted there (as of this writing) and must be downloaded instead from the vendor’s (agilebits) web site, URL: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7. The new v7.2 browser's "1Password X" browser extension is already available in the Chrome Web Store.

With the new software in hand, you upgrade your existing copy of 1Password (I had v7.1.2 previously) and swap out your existing browser extension for the "1Password X" one. Once this is done, you’ll find that 1Password now works differently in the Chrome browser. When needing to fill in a password at any given website, instead of clicking on the browser extension icon (in the extension tray) to fill in the password as before, the 1Password icon actually appears on the web page where the password needs to go. You click on that icon, your login password choices appear, and you select one which, in turn, supplies the password to the web page’s password field. One of the casualties of this approach you will likely notice is that you will now need to press the Return key to submit your Password choice to the web page. In the past, the old 1Password browser extension offered an “auto submit” feature which supplied the password and automatically submitted it to the web page and the new "1Password X" extension, which is a stand-alone program unto itself, does not. It is my understanding that because of the underlying programming changes made to macOS within Mojave, the addition of an “auto submit” feature is no modest undertaking for the developer and therefore does not exist presently.

This is not just a Chrome issue with 1Password. It exists also with the Safari and Firefox web browsers as well. When you first launch Safari, after upgrading to Mojave, and go to use 1Password, Safari then tells you upfront that you need a new browser extension that is only available from its Safari Extensions collection. This is a very straight-forward process and easily accomplished.

With Firefox, the process of upgrading is much the same as that for Google Chrome with the only real difference being the you’ll find the new "1Password X" browser extension in the Firefox Manage Add-Ons section of the browser rather than the Chrome Web Store.

All this change takes some getting used to, but other than the loss of the “auto submit” feature, I found that this new version of 1Password pretty much worked the same as the previous one.

Also, I just discovered that if you are using a Logitech keyboard, you should update your Logitech Options application. While working with Excel and Evernote, I discovered that the keyboard shortcuts for Copy and Paste had been remapped from Cmd+C and Cmd+V to Ctrl-C and Ctrl+V (as a result of my upgrading to macOS Mojave). I checked my copy of the Logitech Options app and found that an updated version was available. So I updated and now the keyboard mapping is correct again. Thank you Logitech!
[doublepost=1540308226][/doublepost]I think Mojave is the OS from Hell. This OS bricked my 2015 I5 2.5 Ghz Macbook Pro by deleting ALL my account passwords, so I couldn't even get logged in. Need to restore High Sierra from backup, unless someone knows a fix for this.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
[doublepost=1540308226][/doublepost]I think Mojave is the OS from Hell. This OS bricked my 2015 I5 2.5 Ghz Macbook Pro by deleting ALL my account passwords, so I couldn't even get logged in. Need to restore High Sierra from backup, unless someone knows a fix for this.

This is the first that I’ve seen/heard of this. I’ve upgraded 4 Macs of varied vintage and configuration. No such issues here.

Reactions: ErikGrim

Starman535

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2018
Its odd, perhaps, but I have 16 Gb of RAM on my Mac. The first time, the install failed, and I stopped it after 6.5 hrs of no activity. Restored High Sierra from the latest time machine backup. Second time, It seemed to work, but I couldn't log on as all the account passwords were corrupt, including a guest account that had no password. Reason for upgrade: *&^$%*$%* Microsoft puts an expiration date on Skype, which I use to communicate with the Grand Children.

MacJunk

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2018
Final Cut Pro X render times are significantly longer than normal right now.

I am experiencing this with the BruceX benchmark project on the latest FCPX (10.4.3) and Mojave 10.14 (18A391)

Running FCPX on High Sierra on my 2015 13" MBP (base model basically i5, 8GB RAM) I could scrub seamlessly through the timeline with instantaneous preview and export took 1:30 or so. just switched over to a 2014 15" MBP with i7 and 16GB RAM, significantly more power and scrubbing is jerky and not smooth and export took twice as long. After upgrading to Mojave on the previous laptop it's now doing the same thing.

Anyone else having these issues?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Wineskin is broken.. in Mojave..... It may work, but not always. Most likely Winetricks crashes as well.

App opens sometimes, depending on the app.. it may not even open at all.. and no error popup.

PitBullCH

macrumors member
May 14, 2015
Anybody had any joy with a Canon CanoScan 9000F ?

Been very happy Canon updated the drivers and MP Navigator for each OSX/MacOS update in recent years, but so far nothing for Mojave in their downloads section, and the Sierra/HighSierra version just crashes immediately :-(

Hawaiian Starman

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2001
Somerset West, South Africa
PathFinder 8 is a mess on any platform, but the way Cocoatech has tried to do dark mode on Mojave’s is an abomination. And their ‘support’ is virtually non-existent. That’s a huge shame because they used to be good, responsive and helpful.

I tried PF8 (trial) for 10 minutes…immediately went back to PF7. Hard to believe Cocoatech released 8. As you say, quite a mess. PF7 works without issue on Mojave.

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
Tuxera NTFS 2018, Mojave, VMWare Fusion 11 on a 2017 MAC results in a kernel lock when shutting down a VM. Need to power off the MAC by the power button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.