Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
Paragon NTFS 15.4.11 on a 2017 MAC and Mojave 14.1 with 4 USB-C ports corrupts the video when coming out of sleep if you have previously used the driver. So use a NTFS drive dismount and the let the MAC sleep and trying to restart the MAC the screen simply turns into vertical lines. I'll try disabling the driver manually after use and before sleep as this may address the issue. The only way to fix the corrupted video is to turn the MAC off.

This now goes into the same position as non-functional with Tuxera that no longer works with VMWare (on shutdown of a VM it provides a kernel lock).

Looking to see if iBoysoft Drive Manager is any better at supporting MACs.

biyahero1

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2017
What about Office 2011? Somebody said it works but gives an update warning and you need to reinstall the last update 14.7.7 which I have installed, but since Microsoft no longer supports this version will it be possible to redownload and install the last update 14.7.7 or would it be somewhere on my computer from when I last installed it?

Someone else said
Microsoft Office 2011 (excel-word-PPT-outlook) need to reinstall 14.7.7 update after install for everything to work properly and may have to reactivate serial number.

What would be involved in reactivating my serial number? The install CD's from 7 years ago are long gone... last time I had to reinstall it Microsoft phone support did it, but I think they just made up some Product ID so who know if they would do that again.

I can see the Product ID that it is using now.

Also somebody else said:
Microsoft Excel 2011 (gives needs updating warning, templates pane is unreadable, continues to work)

I am unfamiliar with the "Templates Panel"... what is that please?

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
Well I'm not having any luck with regards to a 2017 Mac 4 USB-C ports running any kind of NTFS Drivers.

Tuxera - confirmed bug unknown fix date. Creates kernel lock on Mojave if your using VMWare Fusion. Kernel Lock happens when you shut down a VM.
Paragon NTFS - onfirmed bug where after using a NTFS and the Mac goes to sleep that it corupts video on start up and the only way to recover is to power off the Mac. Unknown fix date.

Seems their is limited commercial products that actually work.

inarush

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Ann Arbor MI
Does anyone know whether CommandQ works on Mojave? It's an app that introduces a time delay for Command + Q to work, preventing accidental hits.

Their webpage (https://clickontyler.com/commandq/) says it's only compatible with OS X 10.6 ~ 10.9, but I would happily buy it if it still runs properly on Mojave.
[doublepost=1544047756][/doublepost]
Well I'm not having any luck with regards to a 2017 Mac 4 USB-C ports running any kind of NTFS Drivers.

Tuxera - confirmed bug unknown fix date. Creates kernel lock on Mojave if your using VMWare Fusion. Kernel Lock happens when you shut down a VM.
Paragon NTFS - onfirmed bug where after using a NTFS and the Mac goes to sleep that it corupts video on start up and the only way to recover is to power off the Mac. Unknown fix date.

Seems their is limited commercial products that actually work.

Have you tried Seagate's free version of Paragon (https://www.seagate.com/support/software/paragon/)? It has the same name and definitely looks like the same piece of software, but perhaps it's actually developed/maintained by Seagate since they are a few builds ahead (15.4.19 vs 15.4.11). Besides, did I mention it's free? :D

mujtaba.mir

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
Does anyone know whether CommandQ works on Mojave? It's an app that introduces a time delay for Command + Q to work, preventing accidental hits.

Their webpage (https://clickontyler.com/commandq/) says it's only compatible with OS X 10.6 ~ 10.9, but I would happily buy it if it still runs properly on Mojave.
[doublepost=1544047756][/doublepost]

Have you tried Seagate's free version of Paragon (https://www.seagate.com/support/software/paragon/)? It has the same name and definitely looks like the same piece of software, but perhaps it's actually developed/maintained by Seagate since they are a few builds ahead (15.4.19 vs 15.4.11). Besides, did I mention it's free? :D
I think the free one only works with Seagate drives?

Reactions: inarush

inarush

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Ann Arbor MI
I think the free one only works with Seagate drives?

Is that true?

Coincidentally, I use Seagate's Paragon for Mac with a Seagate disk most of the time.

However, I just tested a Samsung disk and was able to mount it and write on it.

But I just found out that Seagate now owns Samsung disks. So, unfortunately I cannot verify whether this free version works with non-Seagate disks as well.

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
tuxera has fixed their NTFS driver compatibility issue with VMWare Fusion. Just waiting for final package to come out.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
Fujitsu's softwares for Scansnap are now replaced by Scansnap Home. Good bye Scansnap Manager (32 bits) ...

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Starting macOS Mojave resuming a guest OS with VMware Fusion takes an unbearable long time. It used to resume in a few seconds, now I'm waiting upward to 1-2 minutes for it to load.

ArthurCrown

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2017
UK
Note that it is highly likely the upgrade will allow Adobe to cancel your serial number. It's happened to me; and now I have a "trial version" which has expired.
You'll find many complaints about this on the Adobe site; you are informed your software is counterfeit, but they'll let you have the CC version at a discount. I had a long chat to one of their reps online; but got nowhere.

Reactions: foliovision

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Note that it is highly likely the upgrade will allow Adobe to cancel your serial number. It's happened to me; and now I have a "trial version" which has expired.
You'll find many complaints about this on the Adobe site; you are informed your software is counterfeit, but they'll let you have the CC version at a discount. I had a long chat to one of their reps online; but got nowhere.
Just gonna leave it on Sierra then. Might pick up a MacBook Air to stay current.

Johnchapin

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2008
Boulder
Flycut app doesn't work. Anyone know a free clipboard app that does work?

Why did Mojave hide the DVD Player app? I found it, but why hidden so thoroughly?

This is why I hate to upgrade the OS!
[doublepost=1557494285][/doublepost]
I really have grown to hate this every year the "does not work" list. It's painful. Why can't they (apple and 2rd party devs alike) put some effort in to avoiding this mess. That would go along way to make a better user experience instead of a dread fest.
Agree! These problems are why I fled Windows decades ago.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Flycut app doesn't work. Anyone know a free clipboard app that does work?

Why did Mojave hide the DVD Player app? I found it, but why hidden so thoroughly?

This is why I hate to upgrade the OS!
[doublepost=1557494285][/doublepost]
Agree! These problems are why I fled Windows decades ago.

copyclip? also, pop in a dvd, the app opens. what could be simpler?

Haggers

Suspended
Jun 26, 2008
I have just installed the Mojave 10.14.5 update and got a message that Garageband 6 may not work. Now I don't use garage band but, bugger me senseless, what is Apple doing when its own stuff does not work? I cannot view DVDs after paying for a DVD reader. Thus company is outrageous. Why do you pander to their outrageous business practices ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.