Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

IOMRob

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2016
Just installed Sierra and wanted to see what works. So far from my testing the below work for me.

MOD EDIT: This is a wiki post, which is editable by anyone with the appropriate rights. Please update this post with compatible and incompatible apps to ensure the list is comprehensive. For apps with limited compatibility, please include a link to your post explaining the limitations. The lists are in alphabetical order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had success with Dymo Cardscan? It took ages for Dymo to sort this out when El Capitan was released?
[doublepost=1477824118][/doublepost]Has anyone had success with Dymo Cardscan? It took ages for Dymo to sort this out when El Capitan was released?

Jim4Forums

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
SoCal
Good to hear. Now has anyone tried Office 2011? How well does that run?
It works for me.
[doublepost=1478024761][/doublepost]Has anyone found a driver for Wacom Graphire CTE 630 (on USB)? Mouse and pen work (mostly) but there is no preference pain that works to change settings. (Perhaps I should be amazed that it works at all!)

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^I'm using PS CS6, Bridge CC and Acrobat 11 Pro without issue. Adobe finally issued a Bridge Update (CC 2017, V7.0.0.93) that fixes the camera downloading issue.

Lou

JColling

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
Can anyone confirm is Maya 2016 is working with Sierra? Please list your hardware specs when you post. Thanks a lot - I appreciate it. :D
[doublepost=1478321726][/doublepost]
Just installed latest updates, PS, Premiere, AE working without problems.
CC? or CS6?

whitedog

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Northern California
Anyone can tell me if the last version of Java is still workin? I need Java for Adobe Golive. Thanks.

GoLive, really? Wow! I thought that would have died a long time ago. What version of OS X are you using now? I'd be surprised if GoLive works beyond Snow Leopard because Apple killed Rosetta, the PPC code emulator, in Lion. That being said, if other Adobe apps are working (most of them need Java) GoLive should, too. If this is important to you, clone your system and upgrade the clone. Then test your software. Usually if Java is not installed, most of the Adobe apps (probably not GoLive) will offer to install it. I'm still using Java 6 in Mavericks, since that was the last version Apple provided. I haven't tested Sierra extensively yet. In any case, don't risk your main system until you have tested Sierra on a separate drive. Better yet, wait for Sierra to get more updates. It's just at 12.1 at the moment and that's pretty young.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Anyone with toast titanium problem?
Version 14 crashes after the initial screen to choose what to write,
and latest version 15 crashes the same way too!

Socket

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2015
CRASHING

Steam
uTorrent

F1 2013 for Mac (Hopefully Feral will patch this as it looks as though there will be no future F1 releases for Mac) and I refuse to poison my iMac with Windows.

Hi Guy
did you resolve with F1 2013? I ask because mine crashes! Are there some patch or upgrades for Sierra? Tks!

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Anyone with toast titanium problem?
Version 14 crashes after the initial screen to choose what to write,
and latest version 15 crashes the same way too!

Nope. I'm still on Toast 14 (V14.2) and no issues here. From the reviews I've read, I see no reason to upgrade to Toast 15, especially when Roxio is not really offering an incentive.

Lou

wav

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
I'm running El Cap on my 2015 MacBook Pro with Adobe CS6 Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator installed. If I update to Sierra through the Mac App Store will my Adobe software still work without issues?

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Office 2011 seems to have developed a bug with the Nov. update which is, IIRC, 14.7.0. In all apps, when you go to open a file, the window that opens has one of the "labels" that are at the top of the window misplaced so that it shows up in the middle of the file view window. Hopefully I can upload the screen shot so you can see what I mean. MS has been contacted and agrees there is a bug which they are going to look at.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 8.27.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 8.27.35 AM.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 313

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^I've also updated to MS Office 14.7.0. My Word application doesn't do what your pic shows. It shows the header at the top, the way it should be. Your's is certainly weird looking.

Lou

Reactions: Martyimac

Lusia

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2016
Logitech Alert Commander Security cameras do not work on Sierra 10.12!
This is a big problem, as home security is involved.
I have sent an e-mail to Logitech (foolish boy!) but still await a reply.
They have acknowledge the request but are very busy just now!!!!!
Any thoughts???
I have the same issues.... did you get any updates?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.