Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iffykaptain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
Tennessee
I’ve been trying for two days to install Yosemite through MacPostFactor. I have the install .app in my Applications, and I partitioned my SSD to accommodate the OS being installed. I get either a loop on “Creating Recovery” or “An unknown Error has occurred”. I’ve also tried ML and I get similar results. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there something I’m doing wrong?
Late 2007 MacBook 13”
2Ghz Core 2 Duo
2.5 GB RAM
120GB SSD

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I’ve been trying for two days to install Yosemite through MacPostFactor. I have the install .app in my Applications, and I partitioned my SSD to accommodate the OS being installed. I get either a loop on “Creating Recovery” or “An unknown Error has occurred”. I’ve also tried ML and I get similar results. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there something I’m doing wrong?
Late 2007 MacBook 13”
2Ghz Core 2 Duo
2.5 GB RAM
120GB SSD
Unfortunately it is common that so called "unknown errors" cause failures in this procedure of MacPostFactor.
Do not lose hope and (even more important!) do not lose your nerves!.
There is most probably nothing you are doing wrong... and stop blaming you!
It took me many, many failures to reach Yosemite after trying and trying and trying.
As you know the installation can find place, according to the creator of the tool, either in the inner drive of the "unsupported" Mac or in an USB pen drive attached to it.
I tried both ways several times without success.
The only time it actually began the installation I had the pen drive attached to the computer (trying both installation ways) but cannot say if this had something to do with the fact it finally worked or it was entirely pure coincidence. :confused:
The only thing I can say is that one must not give up but try again and again without looking for logical reasons of failures.
Most probably logic has little or none to do with it, contrary to many other things related to computers.
The day it will finally succeed, first accept there will be things not working at all or poorly working, unavoidable in an hacked system.
And second by all means... make a bootable clone in an external drive and keep it preciously after making sure it actually boots the mac.
Until then take it as easy as possible and keep trying. ;)
Good luck!
Ed

Bampelito

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2019
You should try MacPostFactor 1.0.1. I had the same problem with loops as you. But first version works like charm!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.