Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Speck to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a bundle of iPhone cases that includes a Presidio Stay Clear case, a Presidio Pro case, and a Presidio Grip case, which are available in multiple sizes to fit any of Apple's iPhones.

speckiphonecaselineup-800x493.jpg

Speck's Presidio Stay Clear case, priced at $40, is a clear plastic case that's ideal if you want to let the design of the iPhone shine through, making it perfect for colorful iPhones like the iPhone 11 and the iPhone XR.

All of Speck's cases offer protection from drops and bumps, and the Presidio Stay Clear is no exception. It protects your iPhone from drops up to 13 feet and there's also Microban antimicrobial protection to cut down on germs. Ports remain accessible, and a lip around the case protects the display.

speckclear-800x632.jpg

The Presidio Pro, also priced at $40, offers 13-foot drop protection and the same Microban antimicrobial protection as the Presidio Stay Clear, but with a soft-touch matte exterior that adds grip and is available in a range of colors, from black and gray to blue and pink.

Reinforced corners protect against serious drops, and a display lip makes sure the display doesn't get scratched when the iPhone is placed facedown. The Presidio Pro is slim, but features two layers of protection to add cushioning.

speckpro-800x636.jpg

Available for $40, the Presidio Grip is Speck's grippiest case. It has a design that's similar to the Presidio Pro, but with raised rubber ridges along each sides that make it easier to hold.

The Presidio Grip is available in black, gray, pink, and shades of blue, and it offers the same 13-foot drop protection and antimicrobial properties as other Speck cases. It has the same dual-layer construction that protects against drops and bumps, and a raised lip to protect the display. All Speck cases, Presidio Grip included, allow Qi-based wireless charging to work.

speckgrip-800x634.jpg

We have five iPhone case bundles to give away to MacRumors readers, with winners able to get cases that fit the iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max. All of Speck's cases are available for 25 percent off through the holidays, so those who don't win can still get a lower price on a case.

gripcase-800x694.jpg

To enter to win our giveaway, use the Gleam.io widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (December 6) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on December 13. The winners will be chosen randomly on December 13 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win an iPhone Case Bundle From Speck

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Some of these Speck cases are extremely difficult to remove from the iPhone after it gets snapped in. I had a grip Speck case that was so difficult to remove that I was certain that the iPhone was going to be damaged or bent. Tossed it in the trash once I finally pried the phone out.

Reactions: 5105973

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
372 days left to enter?!

so the price will ship when the new iPhone comes out, rad!:rolleyes:

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Have to add, at least for the iPhone 11, the Speck Stay Clear case does not fit quite right. After putting it on my 11, the buttons don't click easily etc.. This can be seen in the reviews for the case over on Amazon - although I got mine at Best Buy.

The other Speck Cases for the 11 don't seem to have the review issues the clear one does. Have had Speck cases for every iPhone since my 4s. This was the first one (iPhone 11) that literally did not fit - so beware. Fell back to the $9 Spigen case that fit perfectly, so nice to have buttons that click easily.

Reactions: 5105973

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
Love Speck grip cases - my wife and I use them on our 8 plus - great protection and the side grips are ideal for slippery hands.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I have the blue Presidio case for my Xs. Thought I was ordering a candy shell but am very happy with it. Slightly tacky/grippy but not hard to pocket like Apple’s silicone cases. It’s a snug fit but not like the candy shell/grip cases. Those are very snug and like someone said above, disconcertingly difficult to remove. I thinks it’s because the hard shell doesn’t flex like the Presidio does. Still a very good case though, just be patient when removing it.

sos47

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2016
good white cases for the white iphone 11 are so rare. for my asthetics a white iphone with ios darkmode enabled is very stylish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.