Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Does anyone know how to get the page scroll function to scroll in the opposite direction?

Scrolling in Win10 is opposite of my cMP/HS, and it's just plain wrong. I can't find anything under the Win10 mouse settings.

Any suggestions?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The setting does not show up with my Dell USB mouse, either.
If the setting in that link does not appear (probably won't be there with a mouse), then here's a blog showing how to change one of the registry entries. I saw that it says Windows 8, but apparently the change is the same for Win 10.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
The setting does not show up with my Dell USB mouse, either.
If the setting in that link does not appear (probably won't be there with a mouse), then here's a blog showing how to change one of the registry entries. I saw that it says Windows 8, but apparently the change is the same for Win 10.

Thanks, saved as a document. I'll give it a try this weekend.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Well, it wasn't located in the registry where the blog said, but a registry search yielded the entries for “FlipFlopWheel”. I changed the values of all 5 that were located from "0" to "1". that fixed it for me.

I also recommend searching the registry for all entries of "FlipFlopHScroll" and changing the values from "0" to "1"

Changing all the values from 0 to 1 makes the Magic Mouse gestures identical to macOS.

I don't know what happens if I plug in a regular mouse, but I guess it's irrelevant.

Thanks for the clue...

UPDATE:
Here is a PowerShell Command Line Instruction to be used in Admin mode.

Just open of a Admin PowerShell and paste in the following code. This will do all of the above automatically. Then you need to reboot. Now your MagicMouse should act just like it does on macOS.

Code:
Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\*\*\Device` Parameters FlipFlopWheel -EA 0 | ForEach-Object { Set-ItemProperty $_.PSPath FlipFlopHScroll 1 }

Last edited:

dremuler

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2019
Hi, theres a free solution without third party software to get scrolling on windows 10, mac and non mac, check this out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.