Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
The Mail app has stoped functiong properlly. It appears it no longer connects to the icloud email.

When I send an email do my @icloud.com email, the app doesnt get the email, but the icloud inbox gets the email, as I checked on a web browser. Furthermore, I cannot send emails with the Mail app (using @icloud)

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Funny thing I noticed, I can send emails, just the inbox is not working with the app.

queenkiwinc

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2017
as a long time apple product user i must say that the app specific password was my breaking point. after days of struggle, i did the unthinkable; i bought a pc. i do not like the pc as much but at least i have the freedom to use 3rd party apps at will. goodbye apple.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Have you tried removing the account and setting it up again with an app-specific password from appleid.apple.com? Not sure if this will necessarily fix it in your case, but I had a similar problem before and that fixed it for me.

I dont think I have the option to insert an app specific password for Mail at iOS 6. Can you give me more instructions?

Avenged110

macrumors 6502a
I dont think I have the option to insert an app specific password for Mail at iOS 6. Can you give me more instructions?
For example:
1) Remove the account on the iOS 6 device.
2) Go to appleid.apple.com and login.
3) Under the "Security" heading, use the "Generate Password" option under the "App-Specific Passwords" section.
4) Give it a label (completely useless, I have no idea why they make you do this) and make note of the password it gives.
5) Add/sign into the account on your iOS 6 device using your email and this new password. The new password would be used in place of your actual Apple ID password.

It should sign-in and work as expected (mine did).

Side-note: if you're only using the Mail feature of iCloud, you can actually manually configure the account as strictly a mail account that happens to access iCloud mail (not a true iCloud account configuration. Yes, they are different.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.