Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBook2PowerBook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Hi, using a 16GB iPod touch for this.

After 'unbricking' my iPod, I finally got all the iPhone apps that weren't on the iTouch installed on it. So, I have Maps, Mail, Weather, Stocks, and Notes.

Like the title says, I'm having problems with Mail and Weather.

With Mail, I have successfully synced my .Mac and AOL mail, but Yahoo! doesn't work. I get an error message saying "The user name or password for 'imap.apple.mail.com' is incorrect. "

Weather works great, but under the name of the city, it says "localized string not found", and that's also at the bottom of the Weather window, and on almost every button when I go to the setup for it.

Any help is appreciated. :eek:

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Hi, using a 16GB iPod touch for this.

After 'unbricking' my iPod, I finally got all the iPhone apps that weren't on the iTouch installed on it. So, I have Maps, Mail, Weather, Stocks, and Notes.

Like the title says, I'm having problems with Mail and Weather.

With Mail, I have successfully synced my .Mac and AOL mail, but Yahoo! doesn't work. I get an error message saying "The user name or password for 'imap.apple.mail.com' is incorrect. "

Weather works great, but under the name of the city, it says "localized string not found", and that's also at the bottom of the Weather window, and on almost every button when I go to the setup for it.

Any help is appreciated. :eek:

For Mail, go to the settings and retype your password.

For Weather, redownload it from a different source.

iBook2PowerBook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
For Mail, go to the settings and retype your password.

For Weather, redownload it from a different source.

Fixed the Mail problem..

Where's a different source for the Weather app? I got this one from a thread at ipodtouchfans.com

OneCruelSOB

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2011
localized string not found

I'm having the same problem with the weather app saying localized string not found. I tried to download the posted file but its long gone can anyone help me out. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.