Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j.leson

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Hi, I recently bought a Seagate Wireless Plus HD to stream my moves to my ipad. The problem is that I haven't been able to find a good MKV player. I've tried cineXplayer, and oPlayer.

CineXplayer plays avi files just fine, but crashes when I play mkv files. oPlayer plays mkv files, but there's no audio.

Does anyone have a good player they would recommend, that would allow me to stream from my wireless plus HD?

Thanks!

tarangzin

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2013
Hi, I recently bought a Seagate Wireless Plus HD to stream my moves to my ipad. The problem is that I haven't been able to find a good MKV player. I've tried cineXplayer, and oPlayer.

CineXplayer plays avi files just fine, but crashes when I play mkv files. oPlayer plays mkv files, but there's no audio.

Does anyone have a good player they would recommend, that would allow me to stream from my wireless plus HD?

Thanks!

Go for NPlayer .. Best player !!!

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Thanks!

nPlayer. It's the best SMB MKV streamer, as has also been explained in my latest SMB + MKV roundup at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1578587/

BTW, before purchasing any app, make sure you check my dedicated reviews so that you can save money. For example, I don't recommend CineXplayer at all.

j.leson

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Go for NPlayer .. Best player !!!

nPlayer. It's the best SMB MKV streamer, as has also been explained in my latest SMB + MKV roundup at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1578587/

BTW, before purchasing any app, make sure you check my dedicated reviews so that you can save money. For example, I don't recommend CineXplayer at all.

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much! I read your write up and decided to get nplayer. I wish they cleaned up the interface a bit, but mo complaints other than that!

jolinzhu622520

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
Missouri, USA
Use a 3rd party app that supports a wider range of media formats.
The app will need support for a browser interface and support your media types.
OPlayer and Buzz Player, among others, offer this functionality.

Brorsoft Video Converter is what i just used.

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
I have nplayer, I use it for the same purpose which you are looking to do. I did love it , until recently because of its lack of chromecast & Dolby audio support. Also I find the support of nplayer is a bit of low priority.

I am thinking of getting the infuse 3 which does what nplayer does and extra, not to mention the UI is wonderful. I will suggest you to do try out infuse 3 once, they have a good free version, many mkv files play freely too.

Stickharuhi

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
I have nplayer, I use it for the same purpose which you are looking to do. I did love it , until recently because of its lack of chromecast & Dolby audio support. Also I find the support of nplayer is a bit of low priority.

I am thinking of getting the infuse 3 which does what nplayer does and extra, not to mention the UI is wonderful. I will suggest you to do try out infuse 3 once, they have a good free version, many mkv files play freely too.
nPlayer 3.0 support Chromecast and DTS said the developer on Facebook.

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
nPlayer 3.0 support Chromecast and DTS said the developer on Facebook.
Yes it will support in future, the dev has said that few months ago.. If I am a buyer, I would have waited for the new version release, because I guess they might release a new app (may be I am wrong, they might just add an inapp purchase for DTS)

Stickharuhi

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Yes it will support in future, the dev has said that few months ago.. If I am a buyer, I would have waited for the new version release, because I guess they might release a new app (may be I am wrong, they might just add an inapp purchase for DTS)
Possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.