Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twintrbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2016
Does anyone know when the Mophie charging case is expected to released for the 11Pro Max? Thought I saw October somewhere but wondering if we have anything more specific. Bought a cheap case to get me by but would really love one that charges.

Also, any feedback on the Mophie charging case vs the Apple smart battery case? Curious if anyone has experience with both and which is better.

kkay5

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I recommend not buying the mophie case. I bought one for my iPhone 11 Pro Max and it’s going back to the store. It’s completely overpriced. There is no lip to the case to protect the screen. And it does a horrible job of charging the phone. If you are going to get a case that works and protects the phone this poorly, you can find one for a lot cheaper on Amazon.

Caesars

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2013
I thought I saw that this one is a wireless charger, which means extremely slow and lots of energy lost.

Mophie could never compete with apples own smart battery case, better to wait (or buy both ).

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I thought I saw that this one is a wireless charger, which means extremely slow and lots of energy lost.

Mophie could never compete with apples own smart battery case, better to wait (or buy both ).
Yea the Access is horribly inefficient. At least the XS Max one was. I think I was lucky to get 30% iPhone battery from the full case charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.