Mouse Problem

EDLIU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2015
I just purchased a new keyboard and mouse combo. I have found the same problem in previous macOS and combos too.

The "cursor becomes bigger than usual and then back to normal" sometimes with out any reason. And it started to happen and happens a lot recently.

What's causing the problem? How do I fix it?

flowrider

macrumors 603
Nov 23, 2012
You may want to tell us the brand and model of the KB and mouse, and if you have any specific software related to them.

The curser will become larger if you move the mouse rapidly. It's an aid in locating the curser.

Lou

EDLIU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2015
You may want to tell us the brand and model of the KB and mouse, and if you have any specific software related to them.

The curser will become larger if you move the mouse rapidly. It's an aid in locating the curser.
Logitech. No software related to them.

The problem happens sometimes. And most of the time it's alright.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
I have had the same issue with my Apple Mouse a few times over the years. Usually when I am trying to get it unstuck or moving it too fast and erratically. You might try to set it to a lower speed in the settings. It's never been more than a momentary and infrequent thing for me.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I just purchased a new keyboard and mouse combo. I have found the same problem in previous macOS and combos too.

The "cursor becomes bigger than usual and then back to normal" sometimes with out any reason. And it started to happen and happens a lot recently.

What's causing the problem? How do I fix it?
I think you have "Shake mouse pointer to locate" enabled in System Preferences...>Accessibility.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 15.53.51.jpg

Reactions: RootBeerMan

flowrider

macrumors 603
Nov 23, 2012
I have the Logitech G710+ KB and the Logitech MX Master Mouse. Logitech does indeed supply SW related to their products and I have them installed as well. Everything works well for me. The only thing that doesn't, and hasn't for awhile is F12 doesn't eject media anymore.

The OP never mentioned the Logitech models associated with his hardware.

As far as shaking the mouse to locate, I mentioned that in my first post.

Lou

EDLIU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2015
I have had the same issue with my Apple Mouse a few times over the years. Usually when I am trying to get it unstuck or moving it too fast and erratically. You might try to set it to a lower speed in the settings. It's never been more than a momentary and infrequent thing for me.
I purchased the combo for about a week. The first few days everything is okay. And it started to have problem(even quite often) since the day before yesterday.

Deselecting the "Shake mouse pointer to locate" helped. But I still don't know why it had problems at the first time.

Is it because the keyboard and mouse combo has flaws?