Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
I have my Moto G4's sounds set to notify me every time I receive a new email. This is critically important to me in my job. But sometimes it just -- doesn't. I'm having that problem today. The new emails show up in my Gmail inbox just fine, but I'm not getting either a ring noise or a vibration (and I'm supposed to be getting both.) I haven't changed the settings, and they look OK to me; all the sound and vibration options are selected. When I test the sounds in the Settings menu, they're loud and clear. Anyone know what I might do to troubleshoot this?

Edit: Annnd now it suddenly decides to start working again. Anyone else have these occasional "phantom problems?" I need to figure this out, because it's going to happen again.....

Last edited:

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
glad it's working again. What version of android is the G4 running? I've ran into issues on some of the latest android phones and the battery optimization settings have a tendency to make some apps not notifiy when they are supposed to. Apps I've had trouble with in the past, I've always whitelisted in the battery optimization settings so they don't get shut down as much. Maybe look into that?

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
It's running Android 7.1.1. I haven't really had nay issues with it, apart from this. Maybe it's Verizon's fault somehow....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.