Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
L

Lau

Original poster
I just uploaded a new website - http://www.forkzine.co.uk - and I get a "Page Not Found" when I click on it, and I've tried loading it on my Mac and my boyfriend's PC. Same problem.

However, my friend and my dad (on a Mac and a PC respectively) can load it fine. It's as if my home connection is blocking it, as everyone else seems to be able to see it.

Has anyone esle had this problem? And how on earth do I solve it?! Thanks for your help, everyone.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I can see it. And very nice it is too.

Sorry if that's no help, but I just wanted to tell you I like it. :eek: :)

L

Lau

Original poster
Awww. Thank you :eek: It's no help at all, but I really appreciate it. ;)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Reminds me so much of your portfolio site. I <3 it. :p I love the simplicity of it... and the Playmobil figurines. :eek:

L

Lau

Original poster
Sorry, I should have mentioned (head's in a big ol' frustrated spin here :( ) that I've emptied my cache, tried it in Camino, Safari and Firefox, after having emptied the caches in 'em, and tried restarting the programs and my Mac. And even if it was my computer, surely it should work on my boyfriend's. It's as if it's our internet connection.

Edit: Thanks devilot :) I just wish I could see it....

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Lau said:
It's as if it's our internet connection.

Edit: Thanks devilot :) I just wish I could see it....
Maybe it is?! I don't know anything about these things-- something about your internet provider thinking it's a spam site or somethiing? :shrug:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
It may be a DNS issue. Try putting 69.56.131.114 and/or 67.19.36.196 into Network preferences -> TCP/IP -> DNS servers. (Just temporarily until your own DNS server is updated - can take up to 24 hrs for new sites :().

L

Lau

Original poster
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
It may be a DNS issue. Try putting 69.56.131.114 and/or 67.19.36.196 into Network preferences -> TCP/IP -> DNS servers. (Just temporarily until your own DNS server is updated - can take up to 24 hrs for new sites :().

Ooh! It worked. Thank you so much, Mitthrawnuruodo. :)

Now back to sorting out all the irritating wonkiness on my site now I see it uploaded....

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
forkzine.co.uk said:
Welcome to fork, the magazine for gardeners with balls...

Oh gosh, that made me LOL!!

Sorry I can't help you, but it is a nice site.:)

L

Lau

Original poster
Will Cheyney said:
I like the look of your '10 Things' book. Any chance of a copy? :D
Oh, and a high resolution PDF portfolio by email - if that's ok?

I'm interested to see what you can do!
me@willcheyney.co.uk

Blimey, ok, will do. :) A girl posts a problem and gets a load of compliments.... I could learn to live with that.:D

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
I once read a news story about an ISP that had one of it's main "connections" (not sure what they're called) crash and it's users where cut off from half of the internet. I also think it was the half where Google is, so that must've been really painful. But now that I think of it, it could've been one of those weird dreams I get every now and then, because now it seems very unlikely :eek: I think Mitthrawnuruodo's theory is much more sound.

edit: oops I need to refresh more often. So I guess I did dream that.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Oooooooh what a lovely site!

And there's even a recipe for butternut squash curry. Yum :)

L

Lau

Original poster
dietcokevanilla said:
And there's even a recipe for butternut squash curry. Yum :)

Not wanting to blow one's own trumpet, but that curry is rather fabulous. :)

Thanks everyone, for the help and all the encouraging comments. I was planning to announce the new site when it was all finished, possibly as a resurrection of this thread, but I guess it came out a bit early. :eek:

I'll post when it's all done....

L

Lau

Original poster
Thanks guys. :eek:

I might get round to finishing it tonight, :D but then you all have to visit it frequently or my dissertation's all wrong and I'll have to rewrite it. :eek: It's about how zines are more accessible online, etc.

And boy, oh boy, am I sick of writing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.