Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
@z970mp

When you asked to make this thread a wiki I opened it up in the anticipation that there would be future contributions. Currently, your PowerUOC project is it's own entity and I have to assume that any contributions you may now make will be directed towards that project and not here.

I see no further reason then to leave this thread open as a Wiki. Like it or not, we are now in competition and I would prefer to return to managing this thread rather than leaving it open.

I harbor no ill will and I wish the PowerUOC project the best. Lots of people seem to have benefitted from your releases and that's great. That's what we're all here for.

But I'm not going to keep my thread open as a Wiki while your thread is closed.

I'm sure you can understand.

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
@z970mp

When you asked to make this thread a wiki I opened it up in the anticipation that there would be future contributions. Currently, your PowerUOC project is it's own entity and I have to assume that any contributions you may now make will be directed towards that project and not here.

I see no further reason then to leave this thread open as a Wiki. Like it or not, we are now in competition and I would prefer to return to managing this thread rather than leaving it open.

I harbor no ill will and I wish the PowerUOC project the best. Lots of people seem to have benefitted from your releases and that's great. That's what we're all here for.

But I'm not going to keep my thread open as a Wiki while your thread is closed.

I'm sure you can understand.

I've been very hesitant to make contributions because of your reasoning for keeping the thread closed in the first place, which is to say you don't want to roll back changes that others have made if you don't like them. And of course, I've never wanted to make additional work for you if you don't like the way a certain change was made to present the contained information differently. Therefore, editing this thread has always felt essentially like walking on eggshells.

A big reason I petitioned for this thread to be a Wiki is that as it's been stickied, it is a 'central' component of the PowerPC subforum. And given this case, many people will refer to it, both now and in the future. Thus, opening it to change by other users will have future-proofed it so that in the event you ever stop logging in, future members can continue to carry the torch of maintaining new TFF tweaks, deprecated tweaks, etc. so that it's never in a state of limbo being this frozen, potentially outdated list of Firefox tweaks that was last updated (ex.) May 2021, and the current year is meanwhile 2025.

Again, another reason for opening it is that as it is a collective resource of thus-far accumulated information, it's only natural for it to be incrementally added to over the years by the community when the need arises, which does not necessarily have to be right after the thread opens up, or several months following. It just needs the ability itself to change, should it ever. Its status of being open or not has no effect on your management of it at all, because it's effectively a sort of insurance to keep the ball rolling.

-

What do you mean "competition"? These are free public resources, not products. Nobody's losing time, money, or investment due to a lack of customers choosing another vendor's merchandise over the other. PowerUOC and these TFF tweaks are freely available labors of love for the machines and the community earnestly offered in the hopes of making people's lives better, and as far as I'm aware, they're ultimately one and the same. They simply have differing project directions, that's all.

Myself creating PowerUOC as a new project was out of respect for preserving your thread as just that - yours, and so that you wouldn't need to manage or go over every change I made to the presentation and content if I was to take a more central role in its management and development.

-

PowerUOC's MacRumors thread and your TFF tweaks thread are in completely different formats. The pUOC thread is only closed for the fact that it is offering a singular, downloadable package under the purpose of convenience and ease of use. In that sense, there is nothing to meaningfully add to as it is not an organized public resource of information like the Linux Wiki is, or like the OpenBSD Wiki is, or like this TFF tweak thread is. It is not closed for a specific reason, it just genuinely lacks one to be open.

And even if my presence online was to expire, PowerUOC would still be able to live on being supported by future maintainers as it is freely available to edit and change on Macintosh Garden. If its thread here were a Wiki, that would clearly come across as it being made a Wiki simply for the sake of it, and not for any useful or realistic purpose.

If you have no problem with it, I would be absolutely open to collaborating into this thread merging into a sort of freely available, documented resource page for the innards of PowerUOC, so users are able to examine every technology and advanced method that goes into the patch if they were not willing to install the entire package, so that the advantageous qualities of both projects are retained, and the users win out in the end.

I don't see this as competition at all.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I've been very hesitant to make contributions because of your reasoning for keeping the thread closed in the first place, which is to say you don't want to roll back changes that others have made if you don't like them. And of course, I've never wanted to make additional work for you if you don't like the way a certain change was made to present the contained information differently. Therefore, editing this thread has always felt essentially like walking on eggshells.

A big reason I petitioned for this thread to be a Wiki is that as it's been stickied, it is a 'central' component of the PowerPC subforum. And given this case, many people will refer to it, both now and in the future. Thus, opening it to change by other users will have future-proofed it so that in the event you ever stop logging in, future members can continue to carry the torch of maintaining new TFF tweaks, deprecated tweaks, etc. so that it's never in a state of limbo being this frozen, potentially outdated list of Firefox tweaks that was last updated (ex.) May 2021, and the current year is meanwhile 2025.

Again, another reason for opening it is that as it is a collective resource of thus-far accumulated information, it's only natural for it to be incrementally added to over the years by the community when the need arises, which does not necessarily have to be right after the thread opens up, or several months following. It just needs the ability itself to change, should it ever. Its status of being open or not has no effect on your management of it at all, because it's effectively a sort of insurance to keep the ball rolling.

-

What do you mean "competition"? These are free public resources, not products. Nobody's losing time, money, or investment due to a lack of customers choosing another vendor's merchandise over the other. PowerUOC and these TFF tweaks are freely available labors of love for the machines and the community earnestly offered in the hopes of making people's lives better, and as far as I'm aware, they're ultimately one and the same. They simply have differing project directions, that's all.

Myself creating PowerUOC as a new project was out of respect for preserving your thread as just that - yours, and so that you wouldn't need to manage or go over every change I made to the presentation and content if I was to take a more central role in its management and development.

-

PowerUOC's MacRumors thread and your TFF tweaks thread are in completely different formats. The pUOC thread is only closed for the fact that it is offering a singular, downloadable package under the purpose of convenience and ease of use. In that sense, there is nothing to meaningfully add to as it is not an organized public resource of information like the Linux Wiki is, or like the OpenBSD Wiki is, or like this TFF tweak thread is. It is not closed for a specific reason, it just genuinely lacks one to be open.

And even if my presence online was to expire, PowerUOC would still be able to live on being supported by future maintainers as it is freely available to edit and change on Macintosh Garden. If its thread here were a Wiki, that would clearly come across as it being made a Wiki simply for the sake of it, and not for any useful or realistic purpose.

If you have no problem with it, I would be absolutely open to collaborating into this thread merging into a sort of freely available, documented resource page for the innards of PowerUOC, so users are able to examine every technology and advanced method that goes into the patch if they were not willing to install the entire package, so that the advantageous qualities of both projects are retained, and the users win out in the end.

I don't see this as competition at all.
Perhaps 'competition' was the wrong word. But it was the only word I could think of to suit my thinking. We seem to be on two very different tracks as to what we want out of tweaking T4Fx. My track is austere. I'm looking to kill anything that impedes page loading that is not directly a part of the content I am seeking (mainly news or forums). That includes media. You, on the other hand seem to be looking to simply improve performance while allowing *most* elements to render quickly and effectively - essentially giving people a better experience that is close to what they'd find in a browser on a modern Mac or PC.

When people discover that what we are both doing is actually possible with T4Fx most of the time they aren't considering one or the other. Your track, and the push that you've made for it (and rightly so), is more visible than mine - although my track has been here longer.

So, that all sounds sour grapes and jealousy on my part. And I will be honest and admit that initially I had those feelings. Freely available or not, I've devoted a certain amount of time since around Firefox 4 to get where I am on this track. So, there was a moment of thinking that I've done all this work (time and effort in searching things down) and suddenly PowerUOC springs forth, is an instant hit, but seems to be based off the hard work I've done. People are going to see PowerUOC out there, not realizing that my thread exists and go to your thread. You get the credit while what I am doing disappears into the background.

That was my instant gut reaction. It's wrong of course, shallow on my part, and certainly I have no claim on stuff that's freely available to anyone else should they choose to find it themselves (or work on it themselves). But that's how I came to selectively choose the word 'competition'. If I've caused offense to you in any way, please accept my apologies.

My problem is that this is a hobby to me and so my priority on it is not the same as yours. You are actively desiring to make this work the best you can so it's a high priority for you. I could have done the same thing, but didn't. So, kudos to you for the work you have done so far and the drive you have for it.

I would not be adverse to collaboration. My problem again, though, is that this is a hobby. I could claim life, time, kids, job, etc, but that would be hypocritical as I have plenty of time for those other things (such as this forum) that I do place a priority on. So, you wouldn't get much collaboration from me and that is unfair to you.

We are after the same thing. I guess, just let people sort out which way they wish to go.

Again, my apologies if I caused any offense.

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
Perhaps 'competition' was the wrong word. But it was the only word I could think of to suit my thinking. We seem to be on two very different tracks as to what we want out of tweaking T4Fx. My track is austere. I'm looking to kill anything that impedes page loading that is not directly a part of the content I am seeking (mainly news or forums). That includes media. You, on the other hand seem to be looking to simply improve performance while allowing *most* elements to render quickly and effectively - essentially giving people a better experience that is close to what they'd find in a browser on a modern Mac or PC.

When people discover that what we are both doing is actually possible with T4Fx most of the time they aren't considering one or the other. Your track, and the push that you've made for it (and rightly so), is more visible than mine - although my track has been here longer.

So, that all sounds sour grapes and jealousy on my part. And I will be honest and admit that initially I had those feelings. Freely available or not, I've devoted a certain amount of time since around Firefox 4 to get where I am on this track. So, there was a moment of thinking that I've done all this work (time and effort in searching things down) and suddenly PowerUOC springs forth, is an instant hit, but seems to be based off the hard work I've done. People are going to see PowerUOC out there, not realizing that my thread exists and go to your thread. You get the credit while what I am doing disappears into the background.

That was my instant gut reaction. It's wrong of course, shallow on my part, and certainly I have no claim on stuff that's freely available to anyone else should they choose to find it themselves (or work on it themselves). But that's how I came to selectively choose the word 'competition'. If I've caused offense to you in any way, please accept my apologies.

My problem is that this is a hobby to me and so my priority on it is not the same as yours. You are actively desiring to make this work the best you can so it's a high priority for you. I could have done the same thing, but didn't. So, kudos to you for the work you have done so far and the drive you have for it.

I would not be adverse to collaboration. My problem again, though, is that this is a hobby. I could claim life, time, kids, job, etc, but that would be hypocritical as I have plenty of time for those other things (such as this forum) that I do place a priority on. So, you wouldn't get much collaboration from me and that is unfair to you.

We are after the same thing. I guess, just let people sort out which way they wish to go.

Again, my apologies if I caused any offense.

You misunderstand... The project is called PowerUOC for a reason, because it is a fork of the UOC Patch. Why do you think @looking4awayout is always credited for the upstream implementation?

PowerUOC takes several of its ideas (and not actual copies) from your tweak thread, like greater maximum connections, artificially accelerated scrolling (effective vV), and a focus on the desired content itself.

Its deceased predecessor, Ultimate TFF Prefs (I think it was called), took a lot more out of your book. Otherwise, PowerUOC is about ~75% based on the UOC Patch, with contributions regularly being made back into upstream. And even then, it's a fork for a reason. The UOC Patch places a focus primarily on absolute smoothness, even if it comes at a small cost of loading times.

Contrastingly, PowerUOC is more similar in vision to your TFF tweaks, whereas it puts more emphasis on getting the page rendered as fast as possible, loading images as fast as possible, playing videos as well as possible, etc. while still retaining as much smoothness as it can as a tradeoff. It also claims wider compatibility with differing Mozilla-based browsers on different platforms (effective vV).

So, there was a moment of thinking that I've done all this work (time and effort in searching things down) and suddenly PowerUOC springs forth, and is an instant hit. People are going to see PowerUOC out there, not realizing that my thread exists and go to your thread. You get the credit while what I am doing disappears into the background.

Not so fast. My thread is still only available in this one forum as yours is (counting out the Garden as a repository), your thread is stickied (on top of being present within your signature, with a description to boot), so no matter how long it remains inactive, you are assured people will at the very least see it and be aware of its existence.

In comparison, my thread is not stickied, so if it's inactive for too long, and if I decide to remove it from my signature, it's as good as dead unless somebody went investigating around and dug it up again (just visit AquaWeb if you need proof of this). - And at the end of the day, your thread still has 121,000+ views with 17 pages containing 403 (and counting) replies worth of content. Mine has 3,000+ views, 2 pages, and 46 replies, posing no "threat" to your behemoth, itself being one of the most visited threads available in this subforum.

For the purpose of proper recognition and informed decisions, perhaps we ought to state our project goals in the opening of our threads, while linking to other threads and their project goals...

On collaboration, let me know what would be best for you as I would of course be open to it.

Reactions: looking4awayout

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
You misunderstand... The project is called PowerUOC for a reason, because it is a fork of the UOC Patch. Why do you think @looking4awayout is always credited for the upstream implementation?

PowerUOC takes several of its ideas (and not actual copies) from your tweak thread, like greater maximum connections, artificially accelerated scrolling (effective vV), and a focus on the desired content itself.

Its deceased predecessor, Ultimate TFF Prefs (I think it was called), took a lot more out of your book. Otherwise, PowerUOC is about ~75% based on the UOC Patch, with contributions regularly being made back into upstream. And even then, it's a fork for a reason. The UOC Patch places a focus primarily on absolute smoothness, even if it comes at a small cost of loading times.

Contrastingly, PowerUOC is more similar in vision to your TFF tweaks, whereas it puts more emphasis on getting the page rendered as fast as possible, loading images as fast as possible, playing videos as well as possible, etc. while still retaining as much smoothness as it can as a tradeoff. It also claims wider compatibility with differing Mozilla-based browsers on different platforms (effective vV).

Not so fast. My thread is still only available in this one forum as yours is (counting out the Garden as a repository), your thread is stickied (on top of being present within your signature, with a description to boot), so no matter how long it remains inactive, you are assured people will at the very least see it and be aware of its existence.

In comparison, my thread is not stickied, so if it's inactive for too long, and if I decide to remove it from my signature, it's as good as dead unless somebody went investigating around and dug it up again (just visit AquaWeb if you need proof of this). - And at the end of the day, your thread still has 121,000+ views with 17 pages containing 403 (and counting) replies worth of content. Mine has 3,000+ views, 2 pages, and 46 replies, posing no "threat" to your behemoth, itself being one of the most visited threads available in this subforum.

For the purpose of proper recognition and informed decisions, perhaps we ought to state our project goals in the opening of our threads, while linking to other threads and their project goals...

On collaboration, let me know what would be best for you as I would of course be open to it.
I will just say, for the moment, I've placed a link to your thread in the first post. Under the Quick Links it's the very first entry. Most people will see it first.

Hopefully both of us will benefit.

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
I will just say, for the moment, I've placed a link to your thread in the first post. Under the Quick Links it's the very first entry. Most people will see it first.

Hopefully both of us will benefit.

I will reciprocate when I can...

EDIT: Added.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyoungren

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
Just reading older posts and came across this...

The pink numbers in the top left corner?

Yes, that's the glitch I mean. Got irritated with it a few months back so started fresh (from a copy of Hack's prefs) and went addon by addon side by side with my PowerBook to make sure I had all my addons installed.

The glitch is eliminated with these prefs.

I'm not yet sure if this was ever addressed in future pages, but to my experiences this is because layers.acceleration.draw-fps is set to true, and all this preference does is control whether the FPS counter displays in the corner of the browser window for development and debugging purposes (in which case I should really start using it).

I've noticed that this is more-so due to a glitch on TFF's side, where it doesn't display it like it should (therefore the user doesn't notice it and thinks it's a performance tweak), but every other browser I've tried this in has it displayed properly, as it should.

So hopefully, the years-long confusion regarding this setting has been resolved (unless somebody already beat me to it somewhere along the way). :)

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
By the way...

Another major reason I never made any further updates to this thread was that I never stopped waiting for you to finish thinking over whether or not it was OK to get rid of the crossed out lines in post #1. I wanted you to state a final response before proceeding.

It also helps me to recall what I've tried already so I don't revisit it. Sometimes I repeat myself. :)

In any case, let me think that over. It's probably down to just being a personal hangup of mine.

So that was another case of my deference to you taking priority, which I suppose you then interpreted as me dropping the thread altogether in favor of other pursuits...

-

Another thing that's always annoyed me about how this thread is structured is that it was always held as the de-facto source for making TFF (and in practice, Firefox as a whole) faster, yet when newbies and casual people showed up to try making their grandma's Mac faster (in plenty of unseen occurrences as well), they would have a hard time trying to manually implement all the listed tweaks...

...Especially when said tweaks were arranged and presented in such an unorganized and hard-to-process manner, at some points in time with a couple examples even contradicting another, because certain elements of the thread (like the crossed lines) were kept for personal reference, and not for public accessibility and ease of use.

But I digress... Although these are mere bygones and thus irrelevant in the now, I just needed to eliminate any confusion that may have been remaining. Meanwhile, everybody continues to be on good terms. :)

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
DNS.

Based on this thread I am doing a bit of testing using AdGuard's servers.

In case you want to try this as I have, in your Network system preference under DNS enter these two IP addresses (make sure to remove all previous DNS entries):
In the Search Domains area add: dns.adguard.com

These are the default addresses that remove ads and tracking - SYSTEM WIDE. So, this isn't just T4Fx. This is everything you use your wired/wireless connections on the Mac for.

I have disabled uMatrix entirely to test this. So far it seems to be doing a damn good job. I'm even able to load Google News.

Of course, if this service is not one you want to use there are others: https://kb.adguard.com/en/general/dns-providers

If you want to take this a step further (which I am not doing at the moment), enter the IP addresses for DNS into your router. It will cover every device on your network.

If this continues to work it means we can eliminate another addon from T4Fx.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
OK, so here is the new combination. Since AdGuard does not block JS and other CPU cycle suckers, I've reinstalled NoScript (my settings of yore were remembered).

Seems to be working fairly well.

crammedberry

macrumors regular
I'm having trouble connecting to the legacy site linked in the first post (tried TFF and LWW). Is there any other way to download add-ons for TFF? I can't download them from Mozilla as it just tells me that Firefox is required and gives me a link to download firefox.

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm having trouble connecting to the legacy site linked in the first post (tried TFF and LWW). Is there any other way to download add-ons for TFF? I can't download them from Mozilla as it just tells me that Firefox is required and gives me a link to download firefox.

Some are available here:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Apparently they closed on December 2019.

I was able to download a tweak using the Internet Wayback Machine though. You can try here: https://web.archive.org/web/20191110142013/https://legacycollector.org/firefox-addons/index.html

Reactions: Dronecatcher

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks @Dronecatcher and @eyoungren. I was actually looking for a user agent switcher. I used to have one installed back in the day. I couldn't find one listed in the SourceForge archive, but I managed to download one (User Agent Switcher) using the Wayback Machine. Does anyone know how long these archives are kept for?
The idea of the Internet Wayback Machine is to permanently archive the web so that posterity can see what was going on in any corner of the web on any given day (and time). It's recording history. So, I'd say the archives are permanent.

arkieboy72472

macrumors regular
May 4, 2017
"Another thing that's always annoyed me about how this thread is structured is that it was always held as the de-facto source for making TFF (and in practice, Firefox as a whole) faster, yet when newbies and casual people showed up to try making their grandma's Mac faster (in plenty of unseen occurrences as well), they would have a hard time trying to manually implement all the listed tweaks...

...Especially when said tweaks were arranged and presented in such an unorganized and hard-to-process manner, at some points in time with a couple examples even contradicting another, because certain elements of the thread (like the crossed lines) were kept for personal reference, and not for public accessibility and ease of use."

I came here for basically that reason, and even I was thrown for a loop.

"something something something - I use uMatrix now."

a few paragraphs of crossed out text here and there.

I left feeling no more smarter than I came. My biggest pet peeve in the world is a guide. If you are going to go to the effort of making it, do it right...by hand holding. It is hard and it is thankless. What people want, whether it is a pi-hole built into 10-4 fox, or a speed up button, is ease of use. People want things to just work or at least be told exactly how to do things. You can digress or not, but at the end of the day, how I judge things is on ease of use. The extra hard work is what separates a great guide and great software from well, everything else. For example, over on insanely mac, there is a guide hidden in the installation guide part of the forum for installing High Sierra on a Z820. THAT guide is so damn hand holds and in depth that it brought a tear to my eye. (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335860-guide-2018-z820-high-sierra-the-great-guide-sucess/)

So, anyways my only recommendation if I had a say would be:

1) trim the fat and ditch all the hot mess of crossed out stuff

2) trim the fat that is the history of everything you have ever done

3) Slightly lower your basic assumed level of knowledge base OR at least include pictures or a finished product with the caveat that "unless you read everything prior I provide no support if you blindly follow instructions, and even then I don't provide much support."

4) after you have gotten more to the point and trimmed all that fat, maybe a text file people can read with all the stuff you trimmed.

Also, why is foxPep in a PPC forum if it needs 10.6?

Last edited:
Reactions: z970

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017

I've already tried going over this with the moderators while in development. They essentially told me "we think it's best where it is", and so here we are.

It seems to help our community out though, irregardless of its minimum support rules. And now that the project has moved to GitHub in its entirety, I don't particularly have a problem with the situation as it stands.

foxPEP remains technically compatible with TenFourFox, albeit now on an "as-is" basis.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
"Another thing that's always annoyed me about how this thread is structured is that it was always held as the de-facto source for making TFF (and in practice, Firefox as a whole) faster, yet when newbies and casual people showed up to try making their grandma's Mac faster (in plenty of unseen occurrences as well), they would have a hard time trying to manually implement all the listed tweaks...

...Especially when said tweaks were arranged and presented in such an unorganized and hard-to-process manner, at some points in time with a couple examples even contradicting another, because certain elements of the thread (like the crossed lines) were kept for personal reference, and not for public accessibility and ease of use."

I came here for basically that reason, and even I was thrown for a loop.

"something something something - I use uMatrix now."

a few paragraphs of crossed out text here and there.

I left feeling no more smarter than I came. My biggest pet peeve in the world is a guide. If you are going to go to the effort of making it, do it right...by hand holding. It is hard and it is thankless. What people want, whether it is a pi-hole built into 10-4 fox, or a speed up button, is ease of use. People want things to just work or at least be told exactly how to do things. You can digress or not, but at the end of the day, how I judge things is on ease of use. The extra hard work is what separates a great guide and great software from well, everything else. For example, over on insanely mac, there is a guide hidden in the installation guide part of the forum for installing High Sierra on a Z820. THAT guide is so damn hand holds and in depth that it brought a tear to my eye. (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335860-guide-2018-z820-high-sierra-the-great-guide-sucess/)

So, anyways my only recommendation if I had a say would be:

1) trim the fat and ditch all the hot mess of crossed out stuff

2) trim the fat that is the history of everything you have ever done

3) Slightly lower your basic assumed level of knowledge base OR at least include pictures or a finished product with the caveat that "unless you read everything prior I provide no support if you blindly follow instructions, and even then I don't provide much support."

4) after you have gotten more to the point and trimmed all that fat, maybe a text file people can read with all the stuff you trimmed.

At the time I created the thread I'd been asked several times to post my tweaks. I created a Word doc for that and then posted the contents of the Word doc. It was organized in my initial post.

The main problem was that I wasn't done with my experimentation. A second factor is that another member that was active at the time also jumped in by starting a different thread (which I then linked to) that offered a 'clean' install of my prefs file. A third member ran with that and provided a different prefs file. Around that time I got a new MBP and realized that MY prefs file caused a graphical glitch on Intel Macs. So, I had to clean that up and I then just added the prefs file from my own PowerPC set up as well.

In between I was still periodically researching tweaks - and some of them conflicted with previous settings. It also took a while from that point before things got to a point with this that any tweaking I was doing was very minimal - to the point where I eventually just stopped doing it. A few other things happened as well, such as the death of the previous addon site which I had linked to and other linked websites going offline (and Dropbox eliminating the Public folder).

The forum software changed twice over the course of this thread - and eventually the foxPEP project came along.

The whole thing has thus become a victim of entropy. but originally it was organized. You don't want to see the thread that proceeded this one.

That said, I will take your advice and put cleaning up the first post on my to do list. I can't speak for any follow on posts however. Lastly, I'm mainly Intel Mac now and using an entirely different browser so there is unlikely to be any pictures.

Reactions: Windreader and z970
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.