Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
A week ago everything I press on Netflix or Amazon Prime just gets stuck and will not play on my Apple TV 4K. I can browse the catalogue and through the lists but whenever I press play it just gets stuck in the red spinning wheel. It’s on tvOS 13.2.

There is nothing wrong with my accounts as I can watch the shows on my smart TV, iPad, MacBook Air and iPhone.

I have reset the Apple TV to factory settings, deleted and reinstalled the apps and still nothing will play.

Shows on Apple TV+ can be played on the ATV no issues at all.

Any ideas?

donaldm241c

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2018
SW Florida
I just checked Prime and Netflix on my Apple TV 4K and had no issues. It appears problem unique to you. In the past, I fixed issues like this by selecting restart in the Apple TV settings menu

Reactions: Boardiesboi

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
This definitely feels like an isolated incident as I have not experienced any issues on our ATV 4K over the past week in watching Amazon Prime or Netflix.

Do you have Hulu, Disney+ or another streaming app on your ATV 4K that does work? Or can you not stream anything at all on the device? I was going to say it might be your internet connection, but if you're able to stream on your iPad, MB, iPhone and Smart TV, it definitely feels like it could be something with the ATV.

It might be worth reaching out to Apple Support directly to see if they can trouble shoot for you.

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
As daft as it sounds, make sure the timeis set correctly on the Apple TV.
I have had issues in the past with Netflix and Amazon servers not working if the time is wrong

Jason

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I’ve reset the ATV for a second time, uninstalled all apps and reinstalled, signed back in and now it’s working.
Thanks everyone for the tips and help!

Reactions: nburwell
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.