Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
I've not been able to watch anything on Netflix recently on my Apple TV. The app loads but when you select a programme to watch I just get a spinning wheel. Anyone else had similar problems. I can watch it through my smart tv no problem.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
I don’t suppose you’re in the UK and your ISP is Virgin Media.
Netflix are aware of issues with Apple devices but they’re currently seeing the majority of reports coming from Virgin Media customers.

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
I don’t suppose you’re in the UK and your ISP is Virgin Media.
Netflix are aware of issues with Apple devices but they’re currently seeing the majority of reports coming from Virgin Media customers.
Spot on. UK and Virgin Media. Just tried rebooting and signing in and out but it still won't play anything.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
If it makes you guys feel any better I can't get anything to play from across the pond on Comcast. It was working fine, switch to a different episode of the show I was watching and nothing. Spinning wheel for days.

Reactions: bigrids and -Gonzo-

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
If it makes you guys feel any better I can't get anything to play from across the pond on Comcast. It was working fine, switch to a different episode of the show I was watching and nothing. Spinning wheel for days.

Have you reported it to Netflix?

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
I've just had an on line chat with Netflix and after restarting my Apple TV and deleting and reinstalling the Netflix app still nothing is loading. They say they are aware of the problems and are working on it. Watch this space I guess.

Reactions: -Gonzo-

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Everything seems to be working again
Well videos are playing at least, navigation is still a bit sluggish though.

Last edited:

fjpgt3

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2010
FYI: I was having the same issue with Amazon Prime Video only, Netflix etc all worked normally. I tried reinstalling etc, nothing.
I talked to Apple support and recommended trying a new HDMI cable,... that fixed it. What a surprise! Those cables can slightly degrade over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.