Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I won't even update to Mojave until the redheler says it's done, or in worst case, if he encounters some unsolvable obstacle, and gives up.
So far there is no obstacle to prevent a Mojave version for both light and dark mode, so I'll be working on it! The dark mode window controls in the Mojave version will be a bit more refined than the ones in the High Sierra version as well.

Reactions: TimothyR734

redheeler

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Aqua window controls in the MacOS Mojave dark mode, as visible in the top-left of this screenshot. Spent a decent amount of time on refinements instead of just repackaging the High Sierra version as-is, and succeeded in producing a better version optimized for the dark mode.
About Finder Mojave Aqua.png

Will be releasing the MacOS Mojave version of the Aqua window controls as soon as it's ready.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Aqua window controls in the MacOS Mojave dark mode, as visible in the top-left of this screenshot. Spent a decent amount of time on refinements instead of just repackaging the High Sierra version as-is, and succeeded in producing a better version optimized for the dark mode.
View attachment 786430
Will be releasing the MacOS Mojave version of the Aqua window controls as soon as it's ready.
I can't wait :)

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
It's OK, OP has personal life, too. Maybe he is too busy with other problems. Me, personally, I can wait.

I kinda like how default buttons look with dark mode, while with light, they still look ugly as before.

brainkilla

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2013
It's OK, OP has personal life, too. Maybe he is too busy with other problems. Me, personally, I can wait.

You're making it sound as if I were putting some kind of inordinate pressure on OP, while I simply bumped the thread... just a friendly reminder, nothing else.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
This, and the fact I have only one Mac running Mojave at the moment (the 2012 rMBP) complicates things. It'll be more convenient to work on the Mojave version after I've gotten around to updating the iMac.

Last edited:

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
View attachment 791295
This, and the fact I have only one Mac running Mojave at the moment (the 2012 rMBP) complicates things. It'll be more convenient to work on the Mojave version after I've gotten around to updating the iMac.
Granted.

BTW, will the previous traffic lights work with light theme only?

Edit: Works with both light and dark theme, but glitches are everywhere. Glitches are usually in the form of missing elements. Making the UI light or dark doesn't make difference.

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 10.46.58 AM.png

Last edited:

redheeler

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
View attachment 791295
Granted.

BTW, will the previous traffic lights work with light theme only?

Edit: Works with both light and dark theme, but glitches are everywhere. Glitches are usually in the form of missing elements. Making the UI light or dark doesn't make difference.

View attachment 791297
Yes, the older SystemAppearance files usually don't work in newer versions of MacOS without issues showing up. Hence why I indicated there will be an updated Mojave version.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Yes, the older SystemAppearance files usually don't work in newer versions of MacOS without issues showing up. Hence why I indicated there will be an updated Mojave version.

Anyway, I just slightly edited your script to allow me to install on 10.14, and ran it.

Therefore, changing only window control buttons and nothing else with ThemeEngine would not make any problems of this nature, I assume.

Your script changes default files with yours, modifying the default files with ThemeEngine would leave the default elements as they are, only with window control buttons changed.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
@redheeler I'm making a small MacOS Classic theme for Mojave and was wondering if I could use your script - in a modified form for my theme installation? I've corrected some spelling errors and added my own text in places where it made sense. I hope the answer is yes.

Reactions: brainkilla

brainkilla

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2013
I'm making a small MacOS Classic theme for Mojave...

You, Sir, are a genius! I visit your DA page at least once a week and almost always there's something new to see. Looking forward to your new theme (and updates to old ones ;)). Mange tak!

Reactions: bhtwo

asdfnose123

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2019
I have experimented with Aqua scrollbars and some other UI elements besides the traffic lights. Pretty much impossible to get the the lighting/texture inside the scrollbar to work as it did in pre-10.7 versions of Mac OS X, but it can still be given an Aqua look (although not without some bugs, as you see here the horizontal scrollbar is upside-down and there is no inactive state, meaning they stay blue all the time even with windows in the foreground).
View attachment 714421
How should my mac from 2011 that my brother gave me that runs on macOS 10.12 Sierra to an old Mac OS X Aqua UI-like style?
[doublepost=1566765441][/doublepost]How did I make my MacBook Pro from 2011 that my brother gave me in 2018 that runs on macOS Sierra to make my Old Mac OS X Aqua-like style?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.