Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Has anyone been able to get hold of one of the new black leather loop straps??

There seems to have always been extended online order times, and no stores have any stock.

Don't quite understand why there would be any delay, given this is not a new type of strap, nor would I expect demand to be such that high quantities required production.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
I’ve been looking as well. Is there any difference between this one and the previous one they offered?

boultonn

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
London
I've been after one of these for a while, I asked about it when I was instore getting my phone, they suggested that they are on a new manufacturing batch as they're 'designed for series 5' but no idea when they'd have any in stock

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
My order just updates to be delivered on Friday (27th) and the online store now showing pickup availability then also. Assuming stock has suddenly landed!!!

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
My order just updates to be delivered on Friday (27th) and the online store now showing pickup availability then also. Assuming stock has suddenly landed!!!

Excellent... just checked mine and it's the same, delivery this Friday... nice surprise!! I'd only checked earlier today and it was still saying 22-29th Oct!!

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I ordered an S5 with this strap just today. I should get the watch with the strap on the 10th of October but probably sooner I guess. This strap isn’t really made to be worn all the time right? Seemed to me I needed a sport strap for the gym. Have you guys worn this strap to the gym or is that not recommended?

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Just received a text saying the strap will arrive tomorrow.

fishmoose , I don't think you'd want to use it for sport, Sport Band or loop is best... I prefer the loop as it's easier to get a good fit

boultonn

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
London
So random! I checked earlier and it was showing availability end of October for pickup and delivery. I’ll get an order placed tomorrow if it’s not sold out by then.

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Arrived...... love it.....
dfccc410146d0433a60e473c1a5f6fb8.jpg
92401c06f9171d9ada4fb09a6462e09b.jpg
f62e7d840c23f48a103c3aae1294d7fd.jpg

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
What size did you guys get?
Medium. Tried on medium and large in store last week (they didn't have any stock to buy but had to try) and the large was way too big - the strap ended up coming up across the digital crown. Medium is perfect - although perhaps I do have pretty slim wrists! Can probably use pics above to judge in terms of relative size of watch (44mm) to wrist.

Reactions: twanj

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Medium. Tried on medium and large in store last week (they didn't have any stock to buy but had to try) and the large was way too big - the strap ended up coming up across the digital crown. Medium is perfect - although perhaps I do have pretty slim wrists! Can probably use pics above to judge in terms of relative size of watch (44mm) to wrist.
Thanks, the reason I ask is that I have the large and to goes around to almost meet the watch face (maybe 3-4mm from it) and I'm wondering if when I buy another one I should go medium.

Seems like you guys who have medium have the end of the loop underneath the middle of your wrist or thereabouts.

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks, the reason I ask is that I have the large and to goes around to almost meet the watch face (maybe 3-4mm from it) and I'm wondering if when I buy another one I should go medium.

Seems like you guys who have medium have the end of the loop underneath the middle of your wrist or thereabouts.
Is actually even longer than that! if you look in first picture above the strap ends just 6 ridges from the side of the watch. So more than long enough even with the medium!

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Yeah, mines a medium as well... about an inch and a half before it reaches the watch face.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I had a large loop when I had my S3 and the end nearly reached the Watch face. I have ordered the medium Meyer lemon this time but concerned that it may be too small as my wrist size is 183mm

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
I ordered mine like two weeks ago, still shows eta 10/4-10/11 ?. From pictures, looks like it’s going to be my favorite band. To those that have it, is comfortable, worth the price? I also really like the pine green sport band. I want a band to match my midnight green Pro Max.

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I ordered mine like two weeks ago, still shows eta 10/4-10/11 ?. From pictures, looks like it’s going to be my favorite band. To those that have it, is comfortable, worth the price? I also really like the pine green sport band. I want a band to match my midnight green Pro Max.

Don’t have the black one, but this particular style is comfy IMO but I’m not a huge fan of how you put it on. It’s kind of weird. Aside from that, if you like the way it looks I think you will be pleased. In particular with the price drop.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Don’t have the black one, but this particular style is comfy IMO but I’m not a huge fan of how you put it on. It’s kind of weird. Aside from that, if you like the way it looks I think you will be pleased. In particular with the price drop.

I agree, very comfortable to use but if you're not careful, could easily be dropped when putting it on. Just make sure your not walking around trying to put it on otherwise I'd imagine a broken watch could easily be the result.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Are the leather loops truly back ordered until Nov-Dec or is there still a chance that stores receive stock and I just need to check daily?

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Are the leather loops truly back ordered until Nov-Dec or is there still a chance that stores receive stock and I just need to check daily?

When I ordered mine, it had a availability as 22-29th Oct. It turned up last Friday. It has a delivery/pickup date of tomorrow (uk). So I guess there are some available... It would be worth ordering and waiting to see what happens. You might get a pleasant surprise like I did when it arrived a month early!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.