Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
When I ordered mine, it had a availability as 22-29th Oct. It turned up last Friday. It has a delivery/pickup date of tomorrow (uk). So I guess there are some available... It would be worth ordering and waiting to see what happens. You might get a pleasant surprise like I did when it arrived a month early!

Thanks for the tip! I’m in the US and haven’t seen any movement in delivery/pickup dates but placed an online order anyways.

OldRhodie

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Belfast
I ordered my S5 with the leather loop. Arrived today and I really like it. I took a chance and ordered the large. It fits perfectly with the end lining up with the first ”link”. Maximum use of the magnets, so it feels secure.

TBH it’s not really worth the upgrade from AW4 but I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket. I have AO turned on as that’s the feature I most wanted, and have turned off the raise wrist option.

Happy so far.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Does anyone know the difference between this band and the Leather Loop band Apple previously offered?

Reactions: twanj

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I ordered the Saddle Brown leather loop on Monday and it said will be delivered by early Dec and I got it today! That sure was inaccurate. I almost did not order it, because of the shipping date. I wonder if the Saddle Brown will turn darker like my Apple Saddle Brown leather case does?

bmdub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I just ordered one with delivery of November 27th-December 4th. I love the way it looks with the SBSS and can't wait to get it!

racostaf

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2015
Colombia
I ordered my S5 with the leather loop. Arrived today and I really like it. I took a chance and ordered the large. It fits perfectly with the end lining up with the first ”link”. Maximum use of the magnets, so it feels secure.

TBH it’s not really worth the upgrade from AW4 but I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket. I have AO turned on as that’s the feature I most wanted, and have turned off the raise wrist option.

Happy so far.
Stupid question, but I haved searched everywhere and I can't find it ... I'm not in USA and I want to buy the leather loop band ... but I don't know if one measure or the other fits well... it would be abuse on my part to ask them that with a rule they could measure both M and L (green lines, each one)? For sure, will be very grateful to all of you !!! PD: I know the apple guide, but the information is very wide snif

Bands.png

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
I agree, very comfortable to use but if you're not careful, could easily be dropped when putting it on.
I found a good way of putting on this strap to minimise the risk of dropping it:

CA45A41D-4464-49CA-A4FC-A87117D296FF.jpeg

The magnet will hold to the out side of the short strap fairly well, so this gives the maximum circumference for putting the watch on, whilst having the band already thread and also protecting somewhat against a fumble whilst putting the watch on.
Does anyone know the difference between this band and the Leather Loop band Apple previously offered?
Colour, essentially. They did do a black band previously, but most recently the dark leather loop was more a very dark grey or brown, rather than black.

Reactions: Donnation

OldRhodie

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Belfast
Stupid question, but I haved searched everywhere and I can't find it ... I'm not in USA and I want to buy the leather loop band ... but I don't know if one measure or the other fits well... it would be abuse on my part to ask them that with a rule they could measure both M and L (green lines, each one)? For sure, will be very grateful to all of you !!! PD: I know the apple guide, but the information is very wide snif

View attachment 866712
EEAAAE76-24FA-4587-A654-5D1FEDB23253.jpeg

Reactions: racostaf

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I ordered an S5 with this strap just today. I should get the watch with the strap on the 10th of October but probably sooner I guess. This strap isn’t really made to be worn all the time right? Seemed to me I needed a sport strap for the gym. Have you guys worn this strap to the gym or is that not recommended?
It leather so it will soak up sweat. Which will eventually ruin it. I suggest a sport band or sport loop for gym use.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Arrived...... love it.....
dfccc410146d0433a60e473c1a5f6fb8.jpg
92401c06f9171d9ada4fb09a6462e09b.jpg
f62e7d840c23f48a103c3aae1294d7fd.jpg
[automerge]1570376975[/automerge]
How do you keep the steel clasp (or whatever it’s called) from showing? I notice that when your wrist is turned the clasp still doesn’t show. Perhaps I’m not putting the strap on correctly.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
How do you keep the steel clasp (or whatever it’s called) from showing? I notice that when your wrist is turned the clasp still doesn’t show. Perhaps I’m not putting the strap on correctly.
The short strap should be on the ‘top’ of the watch and the long strap should be in the ’bottom’. Is yours attached that way?

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I originally ordered a Gold SS S5 with sport loop (delivered on the Sep 20th). I wanted to exchange the band for the black leather loop, but wasn't able to. So I put in for a return of my original and on Oct 4th ordered a Gold SS S5 that will be delivered on Thursday Oct 10 th.

It seems like ordering the watch with the leather loop gets it to you quicker. I looked at just ordering the band, it wasn't available until Nov 29 - Dec 5.

I wanted to just exchange it, Apple advised me to return the watch and re-order. I feel like this is a waste of their money, but oh well, they told me this is how I needed to do it.

Last edited:

Protozo

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
Somebody has photos of the new loop black leather with the silver stainless steel case?

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Does anyone here have the brown leather loop? I have the black and wonder if I should buy the brown also. It looks very appealing.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I do. Think it is great. Wondering if it will develop patina like the brown leather case. Hope it does.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I do. Think it is great. Wondering if it will develop patina like the brown leather case. Hope it does.

I ordered it but won’t get it until mid-November. It should go well with my gold SS watch. Your remark bout patina makes me wonder. How do you clean these bands? I suppose that the answer is, you don’t.

Last edited:

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Does anyone here have the brown leather loop? I have the black and wonder if I should buy the brown also. It looks very appealing.

I do. I have only worn it once but it looks and feels great.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
I got my black loop in today. A little disappointed in the color as it seems more of a gray to me than a black. I like it but thought it was going to be a deeper black than it actually is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.