Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I got my black loop in today. A little disappointed in the color as it seems more of a gray to me than a black. I like it but thought it was going to be a deeper black than it actually is.

I also thought it was going to be black, it is definitely a shade of gray. I like it though, just wish it was black.

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
I just ordered a black leather loop but I’m wondering how well they wear over time.
Does the leather need treated and are they durable?
Thanks.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Can you post a pic, please? ?

Here is a pic with the Ceramic, which I think looks really good. Its black, but in person its more of a dark gray. I still like it and think it looks good but its not a deep black like the Noir Hermes band or any other black leather band I've used.

IMG_0346.jpeg

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Looks pretty black to me. Do you think it's dark gray as well?
It varies based on light conditions. I agree it looks very much black there, but I was initially disappointed when I got the band. Overall, I like it and wear it a lot.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Its a nice band for sure and I'm keeping mine. I'm going to try and darken the band a little and see how it turns out.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I think people were expecting this space black color, but i think it's black but due to the material, it will be on the lighter side of black - light pollution black LOL

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Has anyone been able to just walk in and pick one up?
I had a weird thing happen today - I ordered a Saddle Brown Leather Loop a week ago, and it was still 2-3 weeks out for delivery. I idly checked availablity today, and it said, "order today by 7pm, delivers tomorrow" (also, available for store pickup on Thursday). I ended up ordering a second one, and cancelling the first one, which still hadn't shipped.

It pays to check the website, or app, frequently.

Firestrife

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2008
Miami
I had a weird thing happen today - I ordered a Saddle Brown Leather Loop a week ago, and it was still 2-3 weeks out for delivery. I idly checked availablity today, and it said, "order today by 7pm, delivers tomorrow" (also, available for store pickup on Thursday). I ended up ordering a second one, and cancelling the first one, which still hadn't shipped.

yeah i noticed that too i ordered a saddle brown one yesterday too canceling my first order. Just confusing how they aren’t serving it in the order received.

I still have my Black loop on wait until something appears nearer.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
yeah i noticed that too i ordered a saddle brown one yesterday too canceling my first order.
To make it extra confusing, they declared with no hedging on the website yesterday that if I ordered by 7pm, it'd arrive today. So I did. This morning, I checked the order and it said it'd arrive Friday (it's not like Apple to move dates later). Then a bit later, I got notification from FedEx that it would arrive on Thursday. This isn't exactly the well-oiled machine I'm used to seeing. Still, tomorrow is a lot closer that "2-3 weeks from now".

Reactions: twanj

bmdub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN

I checked yesterday and the large had a delivery of the end of October...compared to the one I ordered two weeks ago with delivery of the beginning of December. I cancelled my order. Going to go see it in person due to Graygate.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
I got my black loop in today. A little disappointed in the color as it seems more of a gray to me than a black. I like it but thought it was going to be a deeper black than it actually is.
That’s actually a positive for me. I missed the Storm Grey Leather Loop. I wear an S3 Edition Grey Ceramic, so it’ll match better. I know these are for Series 5, but how’s the fit on a Series 3?

YatBob

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
I had one on order with a November 21-27 shipping date, saw I could pick one up Friday from my local Apple store, cancelled the original order and reordered with a pickup date of Oct 25

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007

I ordered a Meyer Lemon Leather Loop on 24 October and it will be ready for pickup on 8 November. But right now I can order one for pickup tomorrow (1 November). Strange.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I ordered a Meyer Lemon Leather Loop on 24 October and it will be ready for pickup on 8 November. But right now I can order one for pickup tomorrow (1 November). Strange.
Yep, and if it hasn't shipped yet, you can cancel your existing order and turn right back around and order again for pickup tomorrow. I've now done this with both my Saddle Brown Leather Loop and my AirPods Pro. Annoying that Apple lets it get to this state, but the solution works.

Reactions: sananda

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
Its a nice band for sure and I'm keeping mine. I'm going to try and darken the band a little and see how it turns out.

i just got mine today and i agree with someone above who said it's like a "polluted black"? just curious, how will u darken it?

Does anyone know which model is actually the blackest black in real life? lol.. am a little disappointed in this "polluted" look..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.