Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
i just got mine today and i agree with someone above who said it's like a "polluted black"? just curious, how will u darken it?

Does anyone know which model is actually the blackest black in real life? lol.. am a little disappointed in this "polluted" look..
From what I understand the older ones that say 42mm on the shorter side of the band instead of 44mm are a darker black.

I actually have an older one being shipped to me and should have it in a week or two. Once I receive it I'll post up my thoughts of the color.

Reactions: jaytee86

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
I previously missed out on the Charcoal gray leather loop. Does anyone know how this new black leather loop compares to it?

you can take a look at the full watch band map in the every apple watch band thread (it's stickied). Based on what i see, charcoal grey is blacker than current black leather loop.... Apple has weird definitions on "black"..

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I received the "black" Leather Loop and while I have no previous versions in my possession to compare it to, it does appear to be more in the charcoal color range rather than true black. It works out well because I missed the charcoal gray band and I've wanted one for a while. Also agree with @jaytee86, Apple's definitions of black aren't exactly accurate.

Reactions: twanj and jaytee86

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
I just received the older version (one with 42mm on it instead of 44mm) I ordered and as far as black leather goes it's black. It's basically the same shade as a pair of my black dress shoes (without the shine). I'm going by Apple this weekend and will compare to the current ones.

Here is a picture of it on the dark gray keyboard folio case for the iPad Pro 11.
IMG_0023.jpg

Last edited:

YatBob

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
I just received the older version (one with 42mm on it instead of 44mm) I ordered and as far as black leather goes it's black. It's basically the same shade as a pair of my black dress shoes (without the shine). I'm going by Apple this weekend and will compare to the current ones.

Here is a picture of it on the dark gray keyboard folio case for the iPad Pro 11. View attachment 879456

The current one is more grayish, a good match for the space gray watch, but a lot lighter in color than the space black watch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.