Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhy3213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2018
Beijing, China
I'm noticing an obvious ANC quality decline after the APP have updated to the new firmware, version 2B588.
Are there any way of downgrade the firmware or not so many people have noticed it yet?

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
There is no way to downgrade firmware on the AirPods Pro.

FWIW, I use noise cancellation on my APP with the new firmware and it’s just as good as ever. I used it yesterday while mowing the lawn and Sunday while vacuuming out my car.

I’m not seeing any degradation at all.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
There is no way to downgrade firmware on the AirPods Pro.

FWIW, I use noise cancellation on my APP with the new firmware and it’s just as good as ever. I used it yesterday while mowing the lawn and Sunday while vacuuming out my car.

I’m not seeing any degradation at all.
No degradation of the ANC with mine either after update.

ttforever

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2015
I'm noticing an obvious ANC quality decline after the APP have updated to the new firmware, version 2B588.
Are there any way of downgrade the firmware or not so many people have noticed it yet?
I've noticed this too, I thought it was just me imagining it though! my train journey is noticeably noisier than it was on the older firmware

• Sad
Reactions: jbachandouris

Wackery

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2015
ANCgate, you heard it here first. Apple is ripping off customers, hoarding all the ANC to themselves!

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
I feel ideally placed to test this since Apple (unhelpfully) sold me replacement APPs with different firmwares. I’ve been on a call and to the genius for two hours and am still no closer to updating the firmware on the older device. Until then, I cannot pair both APPs. Just one at a time…

Reactions: ttforever

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012

Apple has just released a new firmware for the Airpods Pro can you now confirm if you still do not feel the ANC feature working or has degraded ? Can you please confirm to all of the readers here ? Thanks !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.