Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
My parents got new iPhones from AT&T, who transferred the data to the new phones. My Dad ended up getting a new number. As far as I can tell he can received iMessages to both his Apple ID email and new phone number, so that’s all working.

My Mom kept her number, but as far as I can tell she is only receiving iMessage and FaceTime calls to her Apple ID email address. iMessages to her phone number say delivered, but she said she’s not getting them.

She got a new SIM with the same number and she seems to have left her old phone as is as she said she got my iMessage to her Apple ID on both phone. I feel having 2 iPhones with the same phone number signed into iMessage may be causing a problem as I know I’ve seen that in the past.

I’m supporting them remotely so I’m hoping there’s something simple that needs to be done to fix this.

Has anyone recently got a new phone while keeping the old one? Did you need to do anything special to get iMessage working?

Edit:

Signing out of iMessage and FaceTime on the old phone got it working on the new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.