Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madman82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
Hartford Kentucky
Hello, I am a tech trying to learn the mac OS, i purchased a used operating imac g3 and have already ran into my first snafu. It seems that there is something blocking the internet from working properly, I say this because I have gotten some websites to load albeit slowly, and with problems, (keeps asking for certificates), I'm open to suggestions seeing as I still dont know the os well enough to fully troubleshoot the issue

AndyMacAndMic

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2017
Western Europe
I know this does not answer your question but I have to point out a discrepancy between your title and your post.
In the title of your thread you say 'new to iOS' but in your post you are talking about MacOS. Those are 2 different OS's.
iOS is the OS for the portable touch devices like iPhones and iPads. MacOS is for desktop computers.

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
So you bought an iMac G3, this one?

What version of macOS are you using? Surely not Lion (where this topic was posted) if it's a G3, it runs 10.4 Tiger at best.

To find out what model and version of macOS you're using, simply click the Apple logo in the top right corner and click 'About this Mac'.

Madman82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
Hartford Kentucky
So you bought an iMac G3, this one?

What version of macOS are you using? Surely not Lion (where this topic was posted) if it's a G3, it runs 10.4 Tiger at best.

To find out what model and version of macOS you're using, simply click the Apple logo in the top right corner and click 'About this Mac'.

It is a g3 pro, and your probably correct that its on 10.4, sorry for my lack of knowledge, again I'm trying to learn

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
It is a g3 pro, and your probably correct that its on 10.4, sorry for my lack of knowledge, again I'm trying to learn

A “tower” model? That could be a G3 or G4, they look similar.

Please go to About this Mac like I suggested so we can be sure about the model and OS. It helps with solving your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.