Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

funkysmurf

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Sydney

funkysmurf

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Sydney
Thanks for the suggestion.
I've done that and the trial version works. The only unfortunate thing is that I'll have to pay for the software now.

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion.
I've done that and the trial version works. The only unfortunate thing is that I'll have to pay for the software now.
Keep in mind DXO kept it from certain death by the Empire (Google), and has updated the coding to make it work with the latest PS CC and OS versions.

Reactions: dvrenken

petersussex

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2018
Have you tried to set "apply the filtered effect to the current layer" in settings? It works for me on High Sierra and may worth a try. A bit uncomfortable 'cause you always have to copy your existing layer before step in Nik. Let me know if this helps.

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I'm running Mojave on a work (Fusion Drive) 5k iMac and Mojave at home (SSD) 5k iMac with 2019 versions of Photoshop and Nik Collection added into plugins and they work fine.

koznarj

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2018
Hi, most of my Nik apps will open but the window is completely red (Analox, Color fx, silver fx), others work fine. Looks like some kind of GPU issue.

Running on iMac 5k Late 2015, Fusion drive, and (damned) macOS mojave (it worked completely fine on High Sierra).

Also, I am on Photoshop CC 2017, but I guess that's not the problem since the standalone Nik apps will open frozen in red screen as well.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
If you bought the latest version from DXO, they were updated today for support of both Mojave and PS CC 2018

longbob

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2019
Nik collection, silver effects crashing photoshop 2020

using mac photoshop 2020, mojave 10.16 installed current nik collection, launch photoshop through creative cloud, open existing ps file, click on silver efex and bam, photoshop crashes. i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

I am exhausted and banging my head on wall.

Any help would be most appreciated

thanx in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.