Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Wow, talk about frustrating. I've looked everywhere I cannot seem to find NEW documentation on adjust nudge increments in PS. I found old methods back in 2010, 2012 but the PS versions are totally different. In Illustrator you can adjust it very easy.

I am simply try to nudge a layer so that two lines are aligned, but the move arrow keeps nudging it too much meaning for my document 1px nudges are too much.

Does this not exist in PS? There is no slide or 0.5/0.25 pixel nudging?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
There's no adjustment for that anymore... I have no idea why. However, could you use the alignment tools to do the task? The properties panel allows you to move layers to specific X and Y coordinates.

Reactions: arkitect

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Nope. :(

There's no adjustment for that anymore... I have no idea why.
One of those bizarre things that software developers do now and then that make me wonder if they even use the software… or at least if their beta testers are users.
So odd.

Similar was with the first release(s) of Affinity Designer. Unable to move the 0,0 location.
Only now added in the latest version.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Nope. :(
that make me wonder if they even use the software… or at least if their beta testers are users.

Similar was with the first release(s) of Affinity Designer. Unable to move the 0,0 location.
Only now added in the latest version.

Well, I'm a beta tester for Adobe, and I can assure you I am a user... since the original K2 beta 20 years ago. I can also assure you that bugs & feature requests are submitted OFTEN. Now why they choose to fix some bugs and not others, add features and not others, I can't tell you. It's quite frustrating. That being said, given the millions of users and their respective workflows, it's amazing that it works as well as it does. I don't have nearly the problem using InDesign that so many users in these forums have—which leads me to believe that most of those people have other problems that aren't InDesign's issue.

As far as Affinity Designer goes, it's a fantastic start. I can't wait til the 2.0 release when they've had time to add in a ton of the features I find necessary for my daily use... because when that happens, I'm probably going to look long and hard at switching to the entire Affinity suite of apps. I really like what I see so far.

Reactions: arkitect

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
Wow, talk about frustrating. I've looked everywhere I cannot seem to find NEW documentation on adjust nudge increments in PS. I found old methods back in 2010, 2012 but the PS versions are totally different. In Illustrator you can adjust it very easy.

I am simply try to nudge a layer so that two lines are aligned, but the move arrow keeps nudging it too much meaning for my document 1px nudges are too much.

A workaround would be:
  1. resample the image to a PPI 4x the current resolution
  2. use cursor key nudge to do the alignment (new pixels = 1/4th of an old pixel)
  3. resample the image back to the original PPI if desired.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.