Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Techrebel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2017
Bilbao, España
I wanted to know if someone has the bug that makes the carrier name disappear from the status bar, I love how it's looks. EverythingApplePro youtuber gets the bug in some of his iPhones image below, anyone has any idea how to get it? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3158.PNG
    IMG_3158.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5,676

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I wanted to know if someone has the bug that makes the carrier name disappear from the status bar, I love how it's looks. EverythingApplePro youtuber gets the bug in some of his iPhones image below, anyone has any idea how to get it? Thanks
I quite like how that looks, wish all carriers allowed that as an option.

Reactions: AppleKarma

Techrebel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2017
Bilbao, España
I quite like how that looks, wish all carriers allowed that as an option.
Aren't the carriers, Apple would have to allow it in iOS, although it is via some kind of developer tools, actually the only way to get that is QuickTime, but no way to get that working continually, I believe the bug i have mentioned above its related to Verizon, but not 100% sure. I hope someone can help with this.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I had no idea some carriers didn't have it listed. The only time I haven't seen it listed on my device is when I am plugged into QuickTime. Also messing around with Xcode iPhone Simulator.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Can't they implement this as a feature in iOS 11? For me it is wasted space, and I already know who my carrier is, so there is really no need for the name to be displayed all the time.
They could.. though the carriers may have required it to be displayed as part of an agreement between them and Apple (just a guess).

Reactions: Techrebel

foxconn

Suspended
Sep 6, 2016
Mine shows the carrier and I don't know why. I know who I'm with, I don't need it advertised at me while I use my phone.

it's for roaming reasons.

of course they could implement it so the carrier name appears when you go onto another network.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Wish they would just get rid of the name and put the little logo/icon for the carrier if they won't allow it to be removed. This would make the status bar actually look good.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
It also happens sometimes right after switching SIM cards, or inserting a SIM that has no service

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
But some people is getting this permanently, and I wanna know how or with which carrier.
It's bug 21545432, can be replicated with Step_584, then Step_8445, see if it works with Test_951
Follow them in order, iOS will crash to iTunes if not...:rolleyes:

I don't f***king know, it's a bug, none of us know

Interestingly, my 6s on the original iOS 10 beta said "iPhone" in the top left for 2 weeks, then went away

Last edited:
Reactions: GrievingFob606

Blake Monkhouse

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2018
[doublepost=1548146324][/doublepost]This happens to me when the bill doesn’t get paid.

Reactions: tennisproha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.