Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moby1

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2002
Sunny San Diego
Maybe an external DVD-R would be better...

Have you seen the SONY laptop with DVD-R? It looks like it swallowed a brick!

An external solution with some Apple style would allow owners of older PB's to use DVD-R. This'd generate some sames for Apple @ $400 a pop even while system sales are sluggish.

moby1

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Ummmm

Not really man.

All he said is that Apple's PowerBook has a slot loading, so it wouldnt work. I think Apple will be moving to a tray though....

Nebrie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
Re: No SuperDrive in Powerbooks for awhile?

Well, I'm not weeping, considering that Pioneer has already showed off, in public, laptop sized slot load dvd burners (think about it, who else uses them). Obviously Jozwiak would say he doesn't know when powerbooks with superdrives will come out (as opposed to him knowing which would mean he would have to tell us, which means he's spilling company secrets which means that Steve would fire him the next morning). It's really quite simple.

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Of SuperDrives and Sonys

My brother has an interesting description for a computer that can't burn disks properly: "Coaster Maker".

I have never made a Coaster on my PowerBook, and an external DVD burner is a cheap addon. Most other Portable Computer Manufacturers have PBs envy. Rendevous with that
:D

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
This article doesnt mean at all that Apple couldnt use a DVDR, all it says is that they wuold have to change to a tray, no big deal there really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.