Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schneida

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a software similar to OneNote 2016 (only available on Windows) that I can use to prepare classes. OneNote 2016 which is available on Windows is pretty neat for that as it allows me to structure my classes (the document management aspect) and is a very flexible note taking application (allows for free floating text, embedding images and linking other documents). The Mac version (and the new Windows 10 version) miss a couple of essential features related to printing of notes. The Mac version doesn't even have a print dialog and also doesn't allow seeting a page size. While the missing print dialog can be worked-around by exporting as PDF and then printing, my documents still won't fit a sheet of paper as I can't set up a page layout.

Key features I need:
* Ability to print documents so that I can take a printout to class
* Document management, so that I can browse through my documents and quickly search for terms (without having to open nested folder structures and look through all documents)
* Flexible note taking, that includes tables, bullet points, images, free float text,...
* Nice to have would be the option to link to other documents (use case is that sometime I hand out documents or show movies,... that I store elswhere on my drive)

Does anybody know such a software?

schneida

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
In case anybody stumbles over this thread, I tried GoodNotes 5 now and it's very promising, just missing things like adding tables, bullet points and things like that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.