Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madoc1

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2016
France
Hi there is a new version of Soho Notes 9.3.7
I never received a reply to the ticket I had sent to Chronoset.
I realized that he was getting an update today.
Has anyone tried it
[doublepost=1478868246][/doublepost]I tried soho 9.3.7 notes with Sierra
Sierra installed with Parallels destop.
It does not work
Report.
Process: SOHO Notes [612]
Path: / Applications / SOHO Notes.app/Contents/MacOS/SOHO Notes
Identifier: com.chronos.SOHONotes
Version: 9.3.7 (9.3.7)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: SOHO Notes [612]
User ID: 501

Date / Time: 2016-11-11 13: 40: 45.249 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12 (16A323)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 03C064D9 -...

Time Awake Since Boot: 580 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
*** null string exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '- [NSURL initFileURLWithPath:]: nil string parameter'
Terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
Abort

dport

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2016
Me, too. I can't open it. It's a problem for me because I store a lot of important information in that database.

I had this problem and fixed it by doing a "Get Info" on the Soho Notes app and checking the "open in 32 bit mode" and "prevent app nap" boxes. Been working fine since then.

paulgarth

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2017
It's working fine for me on my mid-2011 13" MBA.

BL.

Similar issue here.
MacBook Pro; OS Sierra; IBM Notes 9.0.1. 64-bit
Note: In my case there was a migration from an older Mac where it had Notes 8.5.3.
I've tried everything - uninstall and reinstall to \IBM Notes Data - versus leaving it in the legacy \Lotus Notes Data
Overinstalled Java
Installed the newest Fixpack 10 for IBM Notes
Fixed mail.box, that somehow was over 1GB, and is now fine
Standard stuff - deleting cache.ndk

The correlation I'm now seeing is that when the OS goes to sleep, with IBM Notes running -- there is randomly a crash with NSD. IBM have inspected NSD and don't see anything.

I was thinking it was a conflict with Java/Eclipse.

For now, I've told the user to not put the device to sleep with Notes running...

HDCUSA

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2019
I just want to share my solution, based on the my problem which was the same on yours. I have macpro. I went to finder/launchpad, —-then I right clicked the “notes” —compress “notes”—-voila! Everything was made okey, by accident!

wizzardofahhhhs

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2022
Atl, Ga.
Me too -- mid-2013 MBA 13. Damn annoying!

EDIT: And as usual, as soon as I post a problem report, I somehow manage to fix it :)

What I just did now was log into iCloud.com and I made a tiny edit to one of my notes (in my case, I deleted one line on a to-do list). Then I waited a few seconds for the data to refresh, and then I tried opening Notes locally again.

Let us know if this works.
This does not work for me and my 2017 MacBook Pro... My notes crashes when I create a new note and I post in it... Can post in my old notes but I cannot create a new one. Any clues??

wizzardofahhhhs

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2022
Atl, Ga.
I have found a fix at: Notes keeps crashing in Sierra. Please help!

Fixed it! Unchecked iCloud Notes in Settings, opened Notes (blank), then checked iCloud Notes in Settings again. All synced and hopefully no more crashes!

And it works for me
When I unchecked notes,,, Closed notes, re-opened notes. It's still crashed. If I try to uncheck iCloud,,, it gives me a scary message about deleting all the stuff from my notes and so I back out of that option immediately...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.