Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matttyR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2019
now that checkm8 exploit is live how long do you guys think until we get an untethered jailbreak for iphone x ?! wouldn't that be awesome!?

If you could jailbreak your newer iphone in 2019/2020 what would you fix on it first?

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
checkm8 is tethered. So once it's sorted it probably will be quick tethered jailbreak releases after apple drops updates. Untethered/ semi-untethered jailbreaks still require exploits so they will be rarer.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
If you could jailbreak your newer iphone in 2019/2020 what would you fix on it first?

Probably add a setting for 3D-Touch / Haptic Touch configuration. Enable it faster, enable it on other keys on the keyboard, etc.

I developed a few jailbreak tweaks back in the day and might get back into it as a hobby if it's really coming back to life.

Pangu103

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2017
The exploit is tethered not untethered. In spite of that, a semi-untethered jb can still be achieved. This article delves deeper into what checkm8 can and can not do. I would recommend giving it a read.

StephanieMedlock

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2019
now that checkm8 exploit is live how long do you guys think until we get an untethered jailbreak for iphone x ?! wouldn't that be awesome!?

checkm8 exploit is really tethered tho. But I like the idea of iPhone X jailbreak and can't wait for it to fulfill.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
Could had sworn it's untethered. Why is everyone saying it's tethered. There's a video of an untethered boot on ios 13...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Could had sworn it's untethered. Why is everyone saying it's tethered. There's a video of an untethered boot on ios 13...
That's the problem with videos. They are easy to fake. I'm sure someone out there has a video for how to jailbreak and install Cydia on iOS 14.

Checkm8 is an tethered exploit. The device must be tethered before each boot. It's an exploit, but not a jailbreak itself. If anyone is running a untethered or semi-untethered jailbreak on iOS 13 right now it's either a private jailbreak or fake, no matter what they claim.

Reactions: max2 and ruslan120

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
That's the problem with videos. They are easy to fake. I'm sure someone out there has a video for how to jailbreak and install Cydia on iOS 14.

Checkm8 is an tethered exploit. The device must be tethered before each boot. It's an exploit, but not a jailbreak itself. If anyone is running a untethered or semi-untethered jailbreak on iOS 13 right now it's either a private jailbreak or fake, no matter what they claim.

Actually NO. The video was real. I just realized it was my understanding of "untethered", that was incorrect.

m.wttfld

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2019
Germany

ETA for checkra1n is end of the week/next week. But no full support for all exploitable devices on launch.

Reactions: kretek
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.