Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karen T H

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2019
California
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Hi I just joined. I went looking for help with a problem with my iPad Pro and was happy to find info here..thanks
[doublepost=1563248173][/doublepost]Hi I just joined. I went looking for help with a problem with my iPad Pro and was happy to find info here..thanks

msarabi95

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2019
Hi everyone!

I've been using multiple Apple products for several years now, but I realize I'm not using them to the furthest potential...
I look forward to brush up my "Apple skills" and get new updates..

:)

billygard

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2019
Seattle
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

arn

Well I finally decided to get an account at MacRumors after many times my search for Apple related topics has brought me to this website, where others discussing the same thing have provided an answer. Yesterday my search on the topic of the "piechart" symbols appearing by filenames even after they are finished downloading, brought me to MacRumors where there was a thread discussing that. So I signed up and added my contribution to the conversion, just as I had discovered a way to make those piecharts go away. (Moving the folder containing the affected files from the desktop to the home folder seemed to do the trick.)

roguester

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2019
Hi all. Finally back to iPhone land. Had every iPhone til 7. Jumped ship to S8 and Note9 and Galaxy Buds. Back to XS a couple of weeks ago. Sold the buds to land on Powerbeats Pros.

Kevin Barnes

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2019
US
Hola Amigos, its Kevin here. :D I am a curious person about new technologies. So I started with my own iPhone. Thanks for letting me in. Not a good talker.:rolleyes: Hope to seek a lot.;):apple:

zcehreli

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2019
Hi! I have been following Macrumors for more than five years. I have been a mac user since Titanium Powerbook G4.

Dubcult

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2019
Diss, Norfolk
Hi all. Just found my Dad’s old eMac G4 in the back of the shed and joined to see if anyone can furnish me with the knowledge to upgrade it to make a usable machine? Happy for folk to PM me with ideas. Thanks!

Reactions: Weaselboy

Wicklow9003

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2019

Discuss away...

arn
Newbie here looking for info on upgrading from iphone 6s to 7 or 8, whichever I can do cheapest. Also, is this a moderated site? I just saw a number of recent comments on the shootings. I do not wish to get my "news" on this site.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Newbie here looking for info on upgrading from iphone 6s to 7 or 8, whichever I can do cheapest. Also, is this a moderated site? I just saw a number of recent comments on the shootings. I do not wish to get my "news" on this site.

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/iphone.99/

You can find help in the iPhone forum section at this link.

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/politics-religion-social-issues.47/

The posts about the recent shootings are in the Politics Religion and Social Issues forum at this link. Click the link then click Ignore at the upper right of the page and you will not see posts from that forum section when viewing new posts.

Itfdb

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, long time business Mac user in a PC work environment.

Question: I’m upgrading my MBP and am wondering what I need to consider if I plan on plugging it into two monitors. I only use the MS Office suite and the Internet.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Locke Cole

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2019
Southern Ontario
Hey, how's it going?

After almost a decade of lurking this site I have finally decided to join the community!

While I'm a PC user I'm also a proud owner of Apple products since 2007. First I had iPods (2007-2014) and later iPhones (2014-present).

sevendogsbsd

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2019
Texas
I have been a Mac user before, from 2008 to probably about 2013. Long time open source user and have used Linux on the desktop for over 20 years. I use FreeBSD for servers exclusively. Used FreeBSD on the desktop for probably about 2 years. This is my first MacBook; had a G4, Intel Mini and an Intel Pro but left and went back to my open source roots. I bought a windows laptop about a year ago to check company email and run adobe acrobat because modern versions of adobe acrobat do not run on Linux using wine. I need to be able to digitally sign PDFs with a smart card for work. So, looked at MacBooks, airs, MacBook pros, to replace the windows lappy when its Nic died. I WAS going to get an air, mainly because of cost, but when I saw the pro and the bar thing, plus the extra usb-c ports and touchid, I was sold.

This little laptop is simply amazing. Only had it 3 or 4 days but have gotten used to keyboard shortcuts, different keys, etc. I am a keyboard junkie so have to be able to interact with both the trackpad and keyboard at the same time. The more I use it, the more I want to use it.

I won't get rid of the new Linux box I just built, nor will I make a Mac my main machine; there is just too much fantastic software and power on the open source side. But, having said that, I am simply blown away by the performance and ease of use of this machine. Apple has done an amazing job of integrating the hardware and software. Everything just works. I have OpenSC. installed and my smart card works, my network printer was easily found and so was my NAS.

Anyway, long ramble, love using this machine and hope it lasts as long as my wife's 2010 Macbook pro which is still going strong.

Huberer

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
Hello,

I've registered a certain time ago but didn't post anything. Now with my MacbookPro 15" Retina mid 2014 I've a lot of question according the upgrade of the ssd drive.
Therefore I hope I can get all the answers I'm looking for

sevendogsbsd

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2019
Texas
Hello,

I've registered a certain time ago but didn't post anything. Now with my MacbookPro 15" Retina mid 2014 I've a lot of question according the upgrade of the ssd drive.
Therefore I hope I can get all the answers I'm looking for
I put an SSD in my wife's 2010 Macbook Pro, not sure how easy on the later ones. It seems the newer they get, the harder they are to self service.

Vinyl Trooper

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2019
Los Angeles
Hey hey! New to the forum, but not to Macs.
I mainly use my mid 2012 for music, and music macking programs. And of course Serato DJ Pro. I'm doing ram and gig upgrades on my own, so it made sense to join the forum.

Looking forward to valuable information.

Roy

Discuss away...

arn

lnx64

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2019
Hello, I'm new to this community but certainly not to Apple. I used to be an employee of Apple and worked developing OS X. My main rig is a Mac Pro 3,1 that I got while working at Apple. I don't run OS X anymore or buy newer Apple products since leaving, but I still use my Mac Pro 3,1 every day with modern hardware on Windows 10. I joined to try and use some of my knowledge to assist others on my free time, while also looking to hack my machines boot ROM when I can (I was never responsible for boot ROM's so learning experience for me, though familiar with my hardware at least.)

Reactions: Weaselboy

okieoutwest

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2019
Hello all,

One of my first memories as a kid in the late 80s was using one of my dad's spare keyboards as a toy - one of those IBM Model Ms. A lifelong PC user - dad owned a custom PC sales and repair shop - for college I decided to switch to using Mac products primarily and haven't looked back. That was 15 years ago.

My first purchases were a white iBook G4 and iPod 4. Currently using a 2015 Macbook Air, a new iPhone SE (just opened it last month), Apple Watch 4, and added Airpods and a Homepod earlier this summer. I also am one of the unlucky ones who bought an iPad 3 and it's still kicking around somewhere.

I've been lurking for several months, mostly mining folks' thoughts about the iPad Pro and the new iPhones this year. My hope is to eventually upgrade my lineup to be mostly iOS based, and am really excited for when the Watch might go standalone.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.