Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
-37F in Minnesota (windchill), 4F degrees there this morning.

Holy heck, we were just in NYC [for Christmas], and got some of the tail end of the cold weather (some wind chills into 15-18 degree, a couple of short dips into single digits) and even being *very* prepared, there were moments I might as well have been wearing shorts and a T-shirt. That level of cold just amazes me.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
-37F in Minnesota (windchill), 4F degrees there this morning.

Another balmy day in Minnesota :).

On Mt Washington in my state of NH, it was -34 Deg F with a -89 Deg F windchill.

Here's a video of boiling water changing to instant snow on Mt Washington.

Our sun has hit a 11 year period of minimal sunspots so things will get cooler for awhile (expect a cold winter).

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
North America

On Mt Washington in my state of NH, it was -34 Deg F with a -89 Deg F windchill.

Our sun has hit a 11 year period of minimal sunspots so things will get cooler for awhile (expect a cold winter).

That is crazy.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

Wait, did I read that correctly, minus 84 degrees?!?!?!?!??! Holy smokes that is freaking cold! I was thinking our 43 degrees we reached at night was cold! That takes it to a whole new level!

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
One of the places called out on the Today show when talking about cold weather is about an hour from me - Saranac Lake, NY. Officially, the Albany area set a record low high (coldest high temp recorded on a particular day) of 8 F yesterday, or maybe it was Wed? I don't think we even hit double digits yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.