Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruckrova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
I use / used a Sennheiser USB Headset ( no model number on them) for comms and skype but since "upgrading!" to 10.14.5 the headset no longer work . What did they do and how can I get around it without forking out for new headsets , as they still work fine on other USB equipment ? There not that old maybe 4 years ? So much wastage ..... What did they do and how can i get around it ?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I use / used a Sennheiser USB Headset ( no model number on them) for comms and skype but since "upgrading!" to 10.14.5 the headset no longer work . What did they do and how can I get around it without forking out for new headsets , as they still work fine on other USB equipment ? There not that old maybe 4 years ? So much wastage ..... What did they do and how can i get around it ?
Talk to Sennheiser about their drivers.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region

They had 32 bit drivers and needs to update to current 64bit drivers!

ruckrova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
They were a fly-by-Night operations, sorry to say!

so in future buy a traditional Line-In port Mic that needs no driver!

I have a imac they don’t have a line in mic on the model I have so had to buy a usb headset !
unless the headphone jack is a three pin and they don’t say so !
it’s Mac who is a fault here and you would hardy call them a fly by night operation ....!

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
Sennheiser is no fly by night operation;

"At Sennheiser, we seek to excel in shaping such experiences each and every day. Since the inception of our company 75 years ago, we have become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of headphones, loudspeakers, microphones and wireless transmission systems."

Reactions: D.T.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The current USB Gaming headset on Sennheiser's website says it's compatible with "Windows 10" and PlayStation.

Don't know what the claim was for the OP's unknown model.

ruckrova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
Sennheiser is no fly by night operation;

"At Sennheiser, we seek to excel in shaping such experiences each and every day. Since the inception of our company 75 years ago, we have become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of headphones, loudspeakers, microphones and wireless transmission systems."
How can I get my head set to work then ? I have use Sennheiser head phones and mics for 30 years and have always found them excellent equipment . There is no model number on them , they are about 5 years old and still work fine on my laptop .

Attachments

• 712F46B3-0629-4D1D-A87C-DBB3EAF74503.jpeg
    712F46B3-0629-4D1D-A87C-DBB3EAF74503.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 203

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Sennheiser stuff is great. Had some phones of theirs WAY back.

As they're working with your laptop it's an easy assumption that it's a software issue. I have some cheap USB headphones that just work, with no third-party drivers, in High Sierra but I don't know if they're 64bit compliant or if that's even a thing.

So...when you plug them in nothing appears in the Audio Midi Setup app?

ruckrova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
Sennheiser stuff is great. Had some phones of theirs WAY back.

As they're working with your laptop it's an easy assumption that it's a software issue. I have some cheap USB headphones that just work, with no third-party drivers, in High Sierra but I don't know if they're 64bit compliant or if that's even a thing.

So...when you plug them in nothing appears in the Audio Midi Setup app?
They don’t show up in the list of inputs or outputs to select
In the preferences

they do show on the list of usb devices in the system info app and they don’t show on the audio midi setup app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.