Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vinitg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
Mumbai, India
Hi,

I have a early 2009 iMac with MacOS El Capitan version 10.11.6 which is the last OS it supports. I'm running Numbers version 3.6.2(2577) on it. But whenever I try to open a numbers file created on my MacBook / iPad which have later versions of Numbers, the iMac says "you need a newer version of Numbers to open this file". I don't want to scrap / upgrade an otherwise perfectly working mac. Is there a way I can get this to work?

FYI i'm using MacBook Late 2009 with High Sierra 10.13.6 with Numbers v6.1(6369) and have Numbers v5.1 on my iPhone / iPads

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Vinit

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
Hi,

I have a early 2009 iMac with MacOS El Capitan version 10.11.6 which is the last OS it supports. I'm running Numbers version 3.6.2(2577) on it. But whenever I try to open a numbers file created on my MacBook / iPad which have later versions of Numbers, the iMac says "you need a newer version of Numbers to open this file". I don't want to scrap / upgrade an otherwise perfectly working mac. Is there a way I can get this to work?

FYI i'm using MacBook Late 2009 with High Sierra 10.13.6 with Numbers v6.1(6369) and have Numbers v5.1 on my iPhone / iPads

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Vinit
See if File >> Export To >> Numbers 09... works for you.

DS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.