Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
Ordered my 16" from Adorama on Thursday, got shipping notification on Monday, showed up Tuesday night with no delivery email. Didn't grab it off my porch until the next morning and only because my wife saw it.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
Ordered my 16" from Adorama on Thursday, got shipping notification on Monday, showed up Tuesday night with no delivery email. Didn't grab it off my porch until the next morning and only because my wife saw it.

I had to sign for mine, maybe because I did UPS Next Day Air right before Thanksgiving

Ener Ji

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2010
B&H’s warehouses have received stock of a lot of BTO models in the past 24-36 hours. They all ship from NY or NJ. Do not believe they have a drop shipping arrangement with Apple as part of their reseller agreement, at least they haven’t for previous Apple orders.

Have not previously purchased Apple equipment from Adorama. All previous equipment purchases from Adorama have shipped from their NJ warehouse.

I also ending up ordering from B&H (on 11/30); in my case because the Adorama price appeared to have gone up by $100, but I now realize that I probably needed to use the insider code. Regardless, B&H was also $200 off with free shipping and no code required.

I ordered a stock model and it's due to be delivered today, assuming no Fedex shenanigans.

Wow! Glad you got it before someone stole it. My shipment (from B&H) is supposedly signature required via FedEx, but I get the impression that delivery drivers don't always request a signature even if it's supposedly required.

inimeg81

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2018
I was one of the people who took advantage of the Adorama deal and was one of the first to put their order in.

There is no way to determine if you're order will either be drop shipped from Apple or will be shipped from the Adorama warehouse in New Jersey. The majority who ordered silver 16" base models had their order drop shipped from Apple. The space grey models we're shipped from the NJ warehouse and some trickled in through drop shipping from Apple.

Your order should go from Backordered > Processing (which takes approx 2 business days and during this time you will see the charge on your card) > Shipped > Completed.

I ordered on the 17th and received it on the 26th with UPS Next Day Air. If you have issues like someone on the Slickdeals website where they received their 16" with 15 battery cycles you need to call Apple. Apple replaced the laptop instead of going through Adorama.
Be careful with Adorama or bh- they will make you work directly with the manufacturer first to confirm the defect and will ask for a ticket number before giving you a label. I jumped on a deal with them and when I got the laptop it had a dead pixel and it was a nightmare to get them to accept the return

Reactions: jazz1

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt
Cool, thanks. I ordered I9 2.3 Ghz|32 GB|1TB|8GB 5500 Space Gray on 2nd of Dec. Status shows as 'Submitted to Manufacturer'. Still wondering when will I be getting the shipment notification.

I ordered the exact same one on the 25th and I have yet to receive it or get a tracking number even

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
I ordered the exact same one on the 25th and I have yet to receive it or get a tracking number even
Did you reach out to Adorama asking for a status?
In the mean time I tried to browse through apple site & chose the same spec I ordered, it showed Dec 19 to 21 as delivery date. Looks like a high demand with lower supply.

AlyMourad

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Egypt
Did you reach out to Adorama asking for a status?
In the mean time I tried to browse through apple site & chose the same spec I ordered, it showed Dec 19 to 21 as delivery date. Looks like a high demand with lower supply.

I did like 4 days ago through live chat and I was told they will get back to me with the status in 2 days but no one did.

I tried live chat again twice today but it tells me not available.

I ended up emailing them cause I can’t call them. I don’t live in the US. I’m shipping it to my sister who does

Psyclism

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn't rely on the Adorama order status page for updates to BTO orders direct from Apple. I received my laptop on Tuesday (it's now Friday), but their status page still says "Submitted to Manufacturer". ?

boomspot

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2018
I wouldn't rely on the Adorama order status page for updates to BTO orders direct from Apple. I received my laptop on Tuesday (it's now Friday), but their status page still says "Submitted to Manufacturer". ?

Yeah, my order went from back-ordered to pending shipment on the 5th business day when I was charged and received tracking. Better than 7-10 business days. I never saw a submitted to manufacturer status message. i9/32GB/8G/2TB.

Sangmin Lee

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2019
I ordered mine on the 2nd and turned into a dropship order. I ordered an i9 2.4 | 32GB | 1TB | 5500 8GB using the apple insider code. But I realized yesterday that it was in stock and called customer service if I can just pick it up from the store and they gave me bunch of nonsense explanation why they have to cancel my order and make a new order for that to happen.

My coworker ordered the same exact spec from Apple last week and got his today. I am supposed to get mine on the “3rd week”. They refuse to give me a more specific date or any kind of information that can allow me to track the status from Apple directly.

I believe everyone who didn’t get their order yet need to brace yourselves for the worst. There are few horror stories on reddit from last year.

If you’re like me and in need of an actual computer ASAP, it’s best not to order anything from Adorama unless it’s in stock and have the option to pick it up the next business day or just buy it at the store if you live in NJ/NY. It’s not like we can avoid the taxes or anything.

Ninjasrule

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2010
I ordered on cyber monday a 2TB, 5500 4GB, 2.3 i9 and still waiting for drop ship. Don't know if the 2 TB takes a while to ship.

wpfeiffe

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2019
I ordered on Thanksgiving (Nov 28). 2TB, 5500 8GB, 2.3 i9, 32 GB RAM and it went to drop ship. Today it will be 9 days with no notification. I called Adorama and they gave me the standard 7-10 days to ship from manufacturer answer, but in reality I don't believe they have any insight into these orders once drop shipped. I ordered my current mbp from Adorama a little less than 3 years ago with no issues. I chalk the current situation up to (as someone else above said): High demand, low volume, it's Christmas time.

Still sucks not to know though. If they told me it was gonna ship Jan 1, i'd adjust expectations and move on. Not knowing is just frustrating.

boomspot

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2018
I ordered on Thanksgiving (Nov 28). 2TB, 5500 8GB, 2.3 i9, 32 GB RAM and it went to drop ship. Today it will be 9 days with no notification. I called Adorama and they gave me the standard 7-10 days to ship from manufacturer answer, but in reality I don't believe they have any insight into these orders once drop shipped. I ordered my current mbp from Adorama a little less than 3 years ago with no issues. I chalk the current situation up to (as someone else above said): High demand, low volume, it's Christmas time.

Still sucks not to know though. If they told me it was gonna ship Jan 1, i'd adjust expectations and move on. Not knowing is just frustrating.

I ordered the same configuration a day after you did and my order already shipped from Adorama's NJ location. Do we know that they are actually drop shipping from Apple? Someone above mentioned they don't have a drop-ship agreement in place with Apple so all items should ship from their NJ location. Good luck!

B

Psyclism

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I ordered the same configuration a day after you did and my order already shipped from Adorama's NJ location. Do we know that they are actually drop shipping from Apple? Someone above mentioned they don't have a drop-ship agreement in place with Apple so all items should ship from their NJ location. Good luck!

B

I can assure you that they drop ship. Mine came straight from Apple in Shanghai China via DHL

Reactions: boomspot

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
My order on 2nd of Dec for 'I9 2.3 Ghz|32 GB|1TB|8GB 5500 Space Gray' went to 'Drop Shipping' status on very next day & the card was charged immediately. Then I contacted them asking how would you charge my card without any shipment tracking & the answer was 'Apple were asking for the payment to process the order'. This sucks, its been 5 business days since I ordered & no shipment information yet but my card was charged already & will show up in my statement before even I have my laptop in hand...

Ener Ji

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2010
My order on 2nd of Dec for 'I9 2.3 Ghz|32 GB|1TB|8GB 5500 Space Gray' went to 'Drop Shipping' status on very next day & the card was charged immediately. Then I contacted them asking how would you charge my card without any shipment tracking & the answer was 'Apple were asking for the payment to process the order'. This sucks, its been 5 business days since I ordered & no shipment information yet but my card was charged already & will show up in my statement before even I have my laptop in hand...

Most people have at least a three week grace period between the end of their credit card billing period and when their bill is due. You almost certainly will receive your laptop well before then. It might even show up before shipment information is sent to you, according to the experiences of some of the folks in this thread...

logan_redroxx

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
Most people have at least a three week grace period between the end of their credit card billing period and when their bill is due. You almost certainly will receive your laptop well before then. It might even show up before shipment information is sent to you, according to the experiences of some of the folks in this thread...
The worst part is that the order I placed was just 4 days before my statement date. :-(

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
The worst part is that the order I placed was just 4 days before my statement date. :-(
Yea mine was too, they charged my card instantly and I already have a statement due the 20th from the Adorama credit company. I was surprised how fast they generated the statement, guess they want their money fast.

tanikins07

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
I was following this thread when I ordered mine so thought I would come in and provide my experience. Ordered on 11/30, received email about it being drop shipped the same day, notified the order was shipped 12/2, delivered on 12/3. The order was drop shipped from a warehouse in Ft Worth and I also live in the Dallas metroplex so it was very fast for me.

Reactions: Pipper99

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
Depending on your credit card company, you can contact them to put a hold on that charge until next statement if product has not been received. Preorders have weird rules though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.