Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

zoff

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2010
Its from Finder, but on context menu when you select a video/or multiple..... Option there is "encode selected video"

I don't have that option, maybe its an extension from an app that you have installed?

Using 10.10.3

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I tend to rely on this particularly when u needed to too many repetitive tasks, and quicktime can only export one at a time.

I just had wished Apple told the user "that other options were viable if only the user went to fullscreeen in the dialog"

They could of had the box bigger and easily added them.... Time for some feedback :D

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
In the latest 10.10.4 beta released today, I found this in iBooks (which has been updated again with a higher build number. See previous post).

This option hasn't been there before, right?

Translation: "Turn display off after: Extend with 10 minutes while reading."

6f3viv.png

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
- The "About" dialog does not stay sticky... (it did in Mavericks)

This kills me everything i need serial number. and since it does not stay on screen underneath, i must keep choosing "About" all the time.

- Apple still has not fixed the "off axis" click where u do not even need to point to the :apple: menu directly, just the menu bar and click will make it appear, even though your actually clicking the menu bar itself, not the :apple: logo.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006

This kills me everything i need serial number. and since it does not stay on screen underneath, i must keep choosing "About" all the time.

- Apple still has not fixed the "off axis" click where u do not even need to point to the :apple: menu directly, just the menu bar and click will make it appear, even though your actually clicking the menu bar itself, not the :apple: logo.

You can select the serial number in the window and copy it.

The menu bar behaviour is not a bug. It's made so you can reach the screen corner faster instead of trying to to reach a small square area.

Reactions: MatsSkoe

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
You can select the serial number in the window and copy it.

The menu bar behavior is not a bug. It's made so you can reach the screen corner faster instead of trying to to reach a small square area.

Seriously??? Its not that small :apple:

I thought i always believed a pointer to click what was only beneath it.. I'm trying to find another valid point. Decrease in resolution ?

My "About" dialog is not sticky .....

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay

It still is sticky in 10.10.3
Yea, here too.

I think the "off-axis" click is designed to work when you select the area of the menu bar around the icon or menu titles as well as the icon\titles themselves ...the area highlighted in blue in the images ...or that's how it works for me anyway.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 18.26.29.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 18.26.29.png
    36 KB · Views: 400
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 18.25.11.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 18.25.11.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 412

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Obviously Apple did that on purpose. This way you can just throw your cursor in the upper left corner of your screen, click, and the Apple menu will still appear. Having to specifically target a relatively small Apple logo would be incredibly annoying. Can't believe you actually think that's a bug.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Obviously Apple did that on purpose.
They were even a little tricky about it. All the other Menus roll up when you drag the mouse out of their colored selected area in the menu bar. The apple menu stays down even when the cursor is moved into the little white area between the selected apple and the left edge of the display.
It looks better if you handle the leftmost menu that way rather than having the bar selection go all the way to the edge of the screen.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Obviously Apple did that on purpose. This way you can just throw your cursor in the upper left corner of your screen, click, and the Apple menu will still appear. Having to specifically target a relatively small Apple logo would be incredibly annoying. Can't believe you actually think that's a bug.

Agreed. Furthermore, it's been this way since 10.0 back in 2001.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I figure this is not always how it was, but recently when i attach my external drive, it the led keeps blinking even though there is no physical access....Thinking it could have been some sort of constant spotlight indexing i moved the volume to Spotlight Privacy and seemed to have worked...

Apple can only tell me the more you add, the more it takes to index..... however can anyone tell me when it will "Stop" indexing on its own ? i can not find an answer.. I wish to search this via spotlight, but i don't want to put up with the constant indexing either.

This only started happening recently every time i attach..... and i even left it for 2 to 3 hours, was still going

danieldd32

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2015
Tehran, Iran
Hi everybody!
I'm running 10.10.4 on my macbook pro and recently I've got a problem!
when I select some photos with some videos as well, after pressing opt key+space bar to enter slideshow with quick look, it continues showing the photos and after playing a video, it stopps showing the next either video or photo!
I was wondering I could be able to do so and now I won't! I want to know whether any guys have the same problem so it's a minor bug with yosemite or sth is wrong with my macbook pro!
Could anybody do me a favor to test it?
thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I don't know, my mac is running the OS X version 10.10.4
I'm on 10.10.4 too, and Safari is still version 8.0.7, not Safari 9 yet.
I think you mistakenly replied in this thread (Yosemite) talking about a feature of El Capitan. And there are other threads about new features in early betas of El Capitan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.