Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Just about to install the first DP so I'll help report bugs but in the meantime(while my horribly slow internet downloads it) you guys should start!

General

• Opening the filesystem browser in third party applications seems to break the sidebar in a minor way. Picture
• "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" may occasionally not allow the window size to the entire screen after full screen, erroneously. This leaves a menu bar section of blank space no windows can occupy.
• "Clean Up" and "Clean Up By" do not work in Finder.
Exchange support issue (reports from members indicate adding new accounts through mail may fail, while enabling existing one may crash mail).

Last edited:

aflatness216

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
With what i am experiencing, after my install onto a separate partition, my cursor/trackpad was un-useable, but is completely fine over on yosemite.

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
Could anyone who downloads the DP and uses Outlook through Mail.app confirm if there are still duplicates of sent items being made? This has been very annoying and reported many times however Apple never fixed it. Kind of hoping there might a change in El Capitan. Thanks a lot!

patschwarz

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2014
Melbourne
When enabling a Gmail email in Mail.app settings the app will quit. BUG ALERT! Doesn't happen with iCloud etc. So it must be something wrong with the El Capitan Gmail email enabling.

Reactions: Shrodinger'sCat

seme332

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
Every time you restart the Mac it disconnects from iCloud and you have to enable iCloud all over again, deleting everything in your iCloud Drive in the process (on the Mac)... BEWARE!

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 14.28.34.png

Reactions: 4ubrey

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
This is kinda not a bug in El Capitan itself but yeah, it impresses me that Logitech Control Center stops working at every new release of OS X.

With Mavericks and Yosemite i could not even open LCC, with El Capitan i can open LCC but none of my Logitech devices have the common decency to pair with my computers. :(

Reactions: djmagma

vavalent

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2014
Asian characters are scrambled together in Maps.app

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 10.08.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 10.08.12 PM.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,324

Erastopic

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Norway
This issue seems to be presistent on alot of 3rd party apps I’ve tried since installing this DP. Annoying but will probably be fixed in the next update, already sent the crash information via the Feedback app.

w18j5u.jpg

seme332

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
No matter what setting you have for contact sorting, in Contacts.app the list will be sorted by last name. Can't be changed.

jhwalker

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2011
This issue seems to be presistent on alot of 3rd party apps I’ve tried since installing this DP. Annoying but will probably be fixed in the next update, already sent the crash information via the Feedback app.

w18j5u.jpg

There seems to be some sort of bug in the audio subsystem. I've seen this crash several times, and can't get valid output via USB from many of my music players, including iTunes - my DAC just spits static :/

Hope this one gets fixed sooner rather than later!

Reactions: groovyd and saschke

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
I signed up for the beta test today. Haven't got any opportunity to download yet.
When do you guys think it will be available?

zz2k9

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
There seems to be some sort of bug in the audio subsystem. I've seen this crash several times, and can't get valid output via USB from many of my music players, including iTunes - my DAC just spits static :/

Hope this one gets fixed sooner rather than later!

Thought this was just my USB DAC but hopefully its an easy fix in the next build.

scrmtrey

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2013
Anyone try the to boot into RECOVERY HD 10.11 ? It is stuck at showing cursor and loading bar (but nothing happend, even after 2hours).

Does have anyone of you , some kind of benefit from clean install rather than just "update" ?

Reactions: Bigpearl

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Looks like Lync 2011 is having issues.

In fact, a few apps have had issues. Ive noticed if I install Yosemite and then install Lync, then update to El Capitan, Im good. But if I upgrade and then install Lync it won't work. Ran into that with some other apps and even a few updates to office.

BrentT

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
I can't get YouTube to show videos full screen with Safari.

Found fix: Turned off Flash-related extension

Last edited:

SG-

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
Anyone try the to boot into RECOVERY HD 10.11 ? It is stuck at showing cursor and loading bar (but nothing happend, even after 2hours).

Does have anyone of you , some kind of benefit from clean install rather than just "update" ?

From the release note:

"OS X Recovery cannot be used to re-install OS X v10.11 Developer Beta 1. If an installation of OS X v10.11 Developer Beta 1 fails, you may recover from an earlier backup, or via an OS X Recovery Disk Assistant. More information about creating an OS X Recovery Disk Assistant is available here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202294"

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
In the Contacts app "Sort By" "First Name" or "Last Name" it seems like its broken it only sorts some of the name the way you have chosen is the settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.