Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Has the WIFI bug been fixed? Before, when an iMac went to sleep, then woke up, you would still be connected to WIFI, but nothing would load. You would have to turn off/on wifi to get anything to work.

Orka

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
I installed El Capitan on my MacBook Air mid 2012 with 4 gb ram and is it me or El Capitan has high battery consumption, also in sleep mode too? My battery lasted for only 4.3 hours, it used to be more in Mavericks.

As for sleep mode, I closed lid when it had 7% left, tried to use it in few hours and it couldn't even turn on.
I love how El Capitan looks, I especially like how Safari looks, I don't want to go back to mavericks.

Orka

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Do you use Chrome, or a permanently in SD card?
No, no Chrome, i didn't even install it yet. No SD card too..

Well, now my percentage is same as it was yesterday when i closed lid, so may be it doesn't always consume that much power in sleep mode. I will check more.

jeckersly316

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2015
I'm pretty sure 10.11.6 just killed my 2010 MBP.

My computer was working just fine. I updated to 10.11.6 just an hour ago. Now my computer won't turn on unless I press the power button five times in a row.

Then it boots me to a screen where I have to select the language. After that, it's a screen about having to change my password, which makes no sense. After doing that, the computer resets and doesn't turn on again.

At a total loss here.

fabioandremartins2

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

I bought a 2015 13" rMBP with 256 SSD and 8GB of RAM a couple of days ago and I'm pretty happy with it. However, I have noticed that even though this MacBook is pretty snappy overall, Safari has been underperforming on me lately.

There are times when it takes a couple of seconds before opening a new tab or registering my click on the url bar. Also, the Favorites tab in Safari is really sluggish when I scroll through all my bookmarks. What gives? I'm running El Capitan 10.11.15.

The same does not happen with Chrome but I would very much prefer keep using Safari if possible.

Thanks!

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
I found if you share a link to a book from your iBooks library, it causes high CPU usage in the Mail app until the Mail app is quit.
  1. Open iBooks, go to the iBooks library.
  2. Right-click on a book, go to Share, then click Mail.
  3. Send an e-mail with the link to the book.
Open Activity Monitor, sort by CPU usage (high > low), and notice the CPU usage is over 100% until the Mail.app is quit.

It's quite easy to replicate so I thought you should know about it, if you don't already.

Also, I'm running OS X 10.11.5 on a mid-2015 15" MacBook Pro (DG).

ncrypt

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
UK
Hello everyone,

I bought a 2015 13" rMBP with 256 SSD and 8GB of RAM a couple of days ago and I'm pretty happy with it. However, I have noticed that even though this MacBook is pretty snappy overall, Safari has been underperforming on me lately.

There are times when it takes a couple of seconds before opening a new tab or registering my click on the url bar. Also, the Favorites tab in Safari is really sluggish when I scroll through all my bookmarks. What gives? I'm running El Capitan 10.11.15.

The same does not happen with Chrome but I would very much prefer keep using Safari if possible.

Thanks!
Do you have Adobe Flash installed? After removing this my entire system and Safari in particular felt more responsive.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Care to be more specific about your Safari bugs...?
The safari bugs detailed throughout this thread and numerous and others.

My system will literally just freeze after a few days when utilising safari for a long period of time.

hoser2112

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2016
I'm pretty sure 10.11.6 just killed my 2010 MBP.

My computer was working just fine. I updated to 10.11.6 just an hour ago. Now my computer won't turn on unless I press the power button five times in a row.

Then it boots me to a screen where I have to select the language. After that, it's a screen about having to change my password, which makes no sense. After doing that, the computer resets and doesn't turn on again.

At a total loss here.

Are you using FileVault? If so, remove it (if you get the password issue screen on boot, select the last option, and remove FileVault). I had the same issue - once I removed it, everything worked fine. I re-enabled it, issue returned... but it took more effort to remove, as the drive hadn't actually encrypted yet (eventually was able to log on).

The computer does turn on... it just takes minutes to actually boot.

jeckersly316

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2015
Are you using FileVault? If so, remove it (if you get the password issue screen on boot, select the last option, and remove FileVault). I had the same issue - once I removed it, everything worked fine. I re-enabled it, issue returned... but it took more effort to remove, as the drive hadn't actually encrypted yet (eventually was able to log on).

The computer does turn on... it just takes minutes to actually boot.
Thanks so much. It's working now.

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2016
The safari bugs detailed throughout this thread and numerous and others.

My system will literally just freeze after a few days when utilising safari for a long period of time.

Yep same here, been using Safari today for about an hour, I clicked a simple drop down menu on trip advisor website and beachball cursor showed up and screwed my iMac up totally, could not force quit any of the commands so had to power off at the back.

This is a rare thing but its happened about 3 times since Ive had 10.11.5.

It should not be happening at all Its not like Im doing any intensive tasks!!, very freaking annoying.

optio

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2016
10.11.5 - no shutdown possible on my MacPro5.1:
this is no hardware-related problem as I do not have that problem with other versions of OS X on the same machine.
On shutdown command the machine always restarts and does not power down. It does not matter which way I initiate the powerdown event (Menu, Terminal-command, Hotkeys, Powerbutton) - the result is always the same: not switching off but rebooting. I have already tried PRAM-reset and SMC-reset without success.

flolska

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2016
One short question: My Macbook Pro Mid 2014 has the famous Bluetooth problem, so the bluetooth disappears completely. I have tried every Instruction (reset VRAM, delete bluetooth list) that i could find in the inet....nothing helped. It is really frustrating. Are they any recommendations that you could provide to me? Or shall I bring the Macbook to repair?
Thanks
Edit: Of course El Capitan with latest update is installed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.