Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Futurix

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2011
Strasbourg, France
Is there any known issue with App Store in 10.11.3?

I just discovered that Reeder, Transmit, iFlicks 2, and Acorn do not launch - I don't think I launched them since the 10.11.3 update and the symptoms seem to be identical to November 2015 App Store certificate fiasco.

They just appear in the Dock for a split second and nothing else. And I just get the following in the Console:
15/02/2016 03:29:28.145 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.reederapp.rkit2.mac.59232[588]) Service exited with abnormal code: 173
15/02/2016 03:29:28.192 sandboxd[123]: ([326]) storeassetd(326) deny file-read-data /dev

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

I just discovered that Reeder, Transmit, and Acorn do not launch - I don't think I launched them since the 10.11.3 update and the symptoms seem to be identical to November 2015 App Store certificate fiasco.

They just appear in the Dock for a split second and nothing else. And I just get the following in the Console:
15/02/2016 03:29:28.145 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.reederapp.rkit2.mac.59232[588]) Service exited with abnormal code: 173
15/02/2016 03:29:28.192 sandboxd[123]: ([326]) storeassetd(326) deny file-read-data /dev

Reeder works for me.

I had an incident earlier today where my checkbook program (Checkbook Pro), which opened perfectly yesterday on 10.11.4 beta 3 failed to open today. It happened on two different Macs, both running 10.11.4 beta 3. The fix was to delete the app and re-install it from the App Store...

Of course, if there's an issue for you with opening the App Store, that would preclude you ability to re-install apps.

UPDATE: I checked the Console and found the following info, so yes, it appears to be an issue with the App Store:

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.39.48 PM.png

Last edited:

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona

I just discovered that Reeder, Transmit, iFlicks 2, and Acorn do not launch - I don't think I launched them since the 10.11.3 update and the symptoms seem to be identical to November 2015 App Store certificate fiasco.

They just appear in the Dock for a split second and nothing else.

Can't speak for Reeder, iFlicks or Acorn, but Transmit launches just fine for me.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
i am having this issue as well with 10.11.4 beta 3. So it's not specific to 10.11.3. However, I found a workaround: Uninstall the troublesome app (via Launchpad is the method I use), then reinstall it. That at least gets it to launch.

PaulRanger2

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2015
Hello all,

Discovering this coverage of El Capitan incapability problems is amazing.

Another two programs that do not work under El Capitan are "MPEG Streamclip" and "SnapMotion". Apparently QuickTime or its components will not support either program. MPEG Streamclip is open source (free) and is apparently no longer being developed, the final version is 1.9.3b8. It is truly unique in its capacity to crop frame sizes, ability to change to many different frame ratios and sizes and of couse save in various video file formats.

Apple's new OS X 10.11 might be "a greatly improved version" but the cost to many users through consequential incapability issues must severely temper any euphoria Mac users might reasonably be expected to 'come upon them'.

Fortunately I have Yosemite installed on an external drive and both applications will work perfectly with OS X 10.10.

Sincerely, PaulRanger2.

Reactions: navaira

Labhras

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2014
I saw that Paragon NTFS doesn't seem to work - I have a Seagate NTFS for Mac OSX drive which claims compatibility with 10.11 - wanted to know if any of you guys has had problems with it.
Another issue I've heard is with Java 6 - I have it to work with Textmate - will I have to update to Java 7?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I saw that Paragon NTFS doesn't seem to work - I have a Seagate NTFS for Mac OSX drive which claims compatibility with 10.11 - wanted to know if any of you guys has had problems with it.
Another issue I've heard is with Java 6 - I have it to work with Textmate - will I have to update to Java 7?
Java 8, not 7, would be what you would install. However, it won't help you if TextMate hasn't been updated to work with Oracle Java. In any case, Java 6 compatibility will go away when OS X 10.12 (or whatever the next version is) is released.

mamlukman

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2013
Anyone tries Firefox?

newest Firefox (46.0) seems to work fine.
[doublepost=1462219671][/doublepost]
Photoshop works flawlessly.

The only broken app I've found so far: XtraFinder

No problem with USB Overdrive

Adobe CS6 works fine with the exception of "After Effects," which I've never used anyway. You can always keep another older system on another drive and toggle back and forth if you want to use some of these things that don't work on El Capitan. Awkward, but it works...

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
actually PS CS6 and CC don't work so fine, if you want to download pics from a camera. It's been documented that Bridge CS6 will not download from a camera and Bridge CC has added a new menu command "Download From Device" which downloads jpegs, but not raw images and downloads them separately, not in a numbered folder like they they have downloaded for years in the "Download From Camera" menu command. Adobe has feebly said it won't be fixing the issue in CS6 and MAYBE they will fix it in CC. They blame Apple for the hiccup.

Lou

Last edited:

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Mail is buggy for PDF. The PDF is open when I read the mail. If I print only the message prints not the file. Needed a paid file for car transport reimbursement yesterday. Surprised that only "thanks for your business" printed.

I went to my trusty Mountain Lion MBA and printed the file.

Why did Cook fire Forstall again?

Reactions: jblagden

RepentHarlequin

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2015
This goes on & on...

Since its “what doesn’t work for me & must therefore be the OS” I would say:

1) My copy of Transmit works fine. Can’t be the OS.
2) Final Cut Express no longer launches without crashing, must be the OS.

3) Apple Mail has been a mess for me for some time now. Might be the OS.
I keep seeing testimonials about how wonderful 1 or 2 alternatives to Mail is, but I can’t get a solid comparison in writing to present that advantage. My test drives don’t corroborate it.

4) Does the Apple provided version of Java, the “legacy app" version not work any more?

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^I finally anded up throwing Apple Mail out - It;'s been a PITA for quit some time. To throw it out, you must start up from another disk, access your startup disk and get rid of the darn thing:oops:

Lou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.