Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Juan Doncel

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2019
MAC POST FACTOR v.2.0.1 ERROR code 1, unable to create bootable OS X Yosemite usb. "There are not log files on your desktop, something unknown happened!!"

I'm on a 2013 Macbook Air 4Gb RAM Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina, in order to create a bootable Yosemite USB for my Macbook3,1.

azcharey

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2018
Thanks for the advice! I’ve been doing this for the fourth day, as soon as I found the right image of the system and was able to install. It took a lot of attempts.
[automerge]1573954674[/automerge]
But working with graphics is very difficult. New Photoshop is very slow even with a video driver, and in general the whole system is very slow because of the small memory on an already weak video card (
Good day sir! Where did you get your Yosemite 10.10.5 image?

VSmac

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2019
Hi all!
I've made all steps in #2 and got bootable image of Yosemite on the flash drive.
But unfortunately when the installer boots, it says that Yosemite is already installed on my mac. And the only way is to reboot the system.
Have you any ideas how to fix the problem?

Macbook 4,1
board-id Mac-F22788A9

The macOS extractor didn't help, I get non-bootable image, my laptop just ignores the flash drive.

roadierfl

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2020
Got handed an Imac 5,1 the other day and installed Yosemite on it to see what would happen, using this guide. Install was flawless, graphic performance was non-existent, but I see there are some fixes here in the forum for that, but my question is, I have two matching apple-installed 2 GB RAM cards in the machine, but under Yosemite, it reports only 3 GB.

I've trawled this forum looking for an answer, but wondering if that's a known bug, or if it's really not seeing the 4GB installed?

Thanks

--edit: found the answer. only 3GB is supported

Last edited:

huedrant

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
I just moved my original question with the kernel panic log to a new post in the SFOTT thread as it was SFOTT related. As far as I see, people on 10.7 seem to have success with MCPF or MacExtractor. What is the best method in 2020 to get 10.10 running on my MacBook2,1?

Last edited:

roadierfl

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2020
Installed the kexts for x1600, set the flag in single user mode. rebooted, now have no background screen or dock. Formatted, reinstalled, re-installed the kexts, same issue. Anyone ever get past this?

Thanks

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2018
Hello,
I'm putting this out there because I can find no useful information online. From my understanding, to run Mountain Lion on an unsupported Mac with 64-bit EFI, you need a patched boot.efi that supports booting the 64bit kernel (I know this is not required on Mavericks and newer). For an unsupported Mac with 32-bit EFI, you need a patched boot.efi as well, but a different one. I have tried using many different copies from multiple patchers with varying degrees of success. But there's one thing I haven't been able to find: Where the files come from. If anyone can track down two actual working files *and* where they come from (MacRumours post, GitHub repo, anything) I'd appreciate it. If you're a developer of some kind of patched boot.efi file, please contact me directly. Thank you.

Edit: Found out they were compiled from Piker Alpha's macosxbootloader repo on GitHub. Still having issues with them but I have located the source of them at least!

Last edited:

kayaman80

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2020
Hi guys, can u help me with my Mac book 4,1 early 2008...got my audio working with x3100 kext from the topic , but i tried everything to get my acceleration to work, but nothing, can u help me to find the correct kexts to use to get my card recognized? I have Montior 6mb in system info...thank you….I'm on Yosemite 10.10.5
Everything works except my video card

Djangojonas

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2020
Hello, I have the same problem of kayaman80 but with ATI X1600 (graphic acceleration doesn't work on Mavericks) . I can't find the 64bit kexts. Do they exist ?

Djangojonas

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2020
No news. I gave up for now. May be I'll try later. For your computer, Mactracker says : maximum os possible is 10.7.5.

adb1973

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Amsterdam
Hello, I have the same problem of kayaman80 but with ATI X1600 (graphic acceleration doesn't work on Mavericks) . I can't find the 64bit kexts. Do they exist ?
I would say, read the first post (updatedd recently) and do some research. X1600 is fully working until 10.8.5 after that workarounds are possible, sound and graphics seem fixable at least partly (but I'm currently looking into that myself) Google x1600 Kexts Yosemite or El capitan.

Antonio285

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
I have a problem with MPF, when show the ‘Skip ad’ (I use 1.01 versión because with the 2.01 don’t work). And I have error with MaOs Extractor too.

I tried move Skip Ad button to safari but don’t work :(

Another day I created usb (With MPF 1.01) but I lost the USB and it worked, why now no?

Help please, and sorry my bad English, I am from Spain.

thebadpete

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2020
I have a problem with MPF, when show the ‘Skip ad’ (I use 1.01 versión because with the 2.01 don’t work). And I have error with MaOs Extractor too.

I tried move Skip Ad button to safari but don’t work :(

Another day I created usb (With MPF 1.01) but I lost the USB and it worked, why now no?

Help please, and sorry my bad English, I am from Spain.

If you are in the same boat as me, on a really old OS (10.7 Lion), you will need specially-compiled browsers that understands modern web. I use Firefox Legacy with great success (https://parrotgeek.com/fxlegacy.html).

I also started trying to upgrade my Mac OS X Lion on my MacBookPro2,2 to a newer OS. I had problems with MacOS Extractor where I only saw a small stop-sign above the Apple logo when trying to boot from USB. I switched to use MacPostFactor (2.01) and I managed to go into main installation menu and is installing it now. Will report back if it truly works.

Antonio285

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
If you are in the same boat as me, on a really old OS (10.7 Lion), you will need specially-compiled browsers that understands modern web. I use Firefox Legacy with great success (https://parrotgeek.com/fxlegacy.html).

I also started trying to upgrade my Mac OS X Lion on my MacBookPro2,2 to a newer OS. I had problems with MacOS Extractor where I only saw a small stop-sign above the Apple logo when trying to boot from USB. I switched to use MacPostFactor (2.01) and I managed to go into main installation menu and is installing it now. Will report back if it truly works.

I have tried what you said, with Firefox Privacy but it still doesn't work. The white screen comes out but the Skip ad bar is not passed. I have dragged the button to the browser and I get it Please wait, but it does not advance. I use MacPostFactor 1.01 which is the one that really patches for Yosemite. I have tried on a more updated MacBook too and the same thing happens to me, it does not go beyond the Skip ad screen.

EDIT: I tried to install with MPF 2.0 and it works finally. Sorry and thanks for all!??

Attachments

• 6D4622DF-E2C7-46FB-B202-02C8C6B23A69.jpeg
    6D4622DF-E2C7-46FB-B202-02C8C6B23A69.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 319
  • 63CA9F4D-F58E-42A0-B358-5C5AD183BEBC.jpeg
    63CA9F4D-F58E-42A0-B358-5C5AD183BEBC.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 49D6B15C-5DB9-473F-8996-56115B04B647.jpeg
    49D6B15C-5DB9-473F-8996-56115B04B647.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

thebadpete

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2020
I finally am able to upgrade my MacBookPro2,2 (Core 2 Duo late 2006 model) from Lion to Yosemite 10.10.5. The trick seems to be

- Use MPF 2 to install Yosemite
- Install macOS Extractor to get the kext's
- Specifically for me, do NOT run the ATI kext package installer. It will screw up your Dock. Instead, download Pacifist (https://www.charlessoft.com/), use it to open the ATI kext installer, and extract the kext's yourselves.
- Use Kext Utility (http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4) to patch the ATI kext's (and AppleHDA to fix audio issuues)
- *VERY IMPORTANT*, when you reboot, boot to single user mode (hold command+S), then type

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

-Reboot again, that's it!

Hope this helps.

Antonio285

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
Hi again!

i have a new problem. I update my 10.10.0 to 10.10.5 with succesful!!! But my keyboard and my trackpad don’t work.

Can you help me?

Thanks! ?

boomhaueruk

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
I finally am able to upgrade my MacBookPro2,2 (Core 2 Duo late 2006 model) from Lion to Yosemite 10.10.5. The trick seems to be

- Use MPF 2 to install Yosemite
- Install macOS Extractor to get the kext's
- Specifically for me, do NOT run the ATI kext package installer. It will screw up your Dock. Instead, download Pacifist (https://www.charlessoft.com/), use it to open the ATI kext installer, and extract the kext's yourselves.
- Use Kext Utility (http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4) to patch the ATI kext's (and AppleHDA to fix audio issuues)
- *VERY IMPORTANT*, when you reboot, boot to single user mode (hold command+S), then type

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

-Reboot again, that's it!

Hope this helps.

OK, I've started with 'MPF' (once I worked out this meant Macpostfactor!)
Installing a key now with the installer.

BUT I can't get Macosextractor to work. Get an error message on the lion 2006 macbook about it not being able to reach the addrss and my High sierra macbook it gives the below screen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.06.31.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.06.31.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 273

boomhaueruk

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
OK, I've started with 'MPF' (once I worked out this meant Macpostfactor!)
Installing a key now with the installer.

BUT I can't get Macosextractor to work. Get an error message on the lion 2006 macbook about it not being able to reach the addrss and my High sierra macbook it gives the below screen.

So, the MACPOSTFACTOR 2 created USB key has installed Yosemite.
But obviously I now can't get the kext's from Macosextractor as I get errors running it on either mac.

Next steps? Workaround? Other source for the correct Kexts? (also - which kext do I need?)

EDIT OK, managed to find some kexts and an installer. Which has left me with a black screen and no dock....maybe the wrong ones?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 16.52.44.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 16.52.44.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

boomhaueruk

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
I just moved my original question with the kernel panic log to a new post in the SFOTT thread as it was SFOTT related. As far as I see, people on 10.7 seem to have success with MCPF or MacExtractor. What is the best method in 2020 to get 10.10 running on my MacBook2,1?

I've got the same Macbook. So far I've used Macpostfactor 2 and gotten as far as installing Yosemite.
Now I need the drivers (Kexts).

Happy to help you through to the same point as me? We will need help with the graphics drivers working properly.

Last edited:

boomhaueruk

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
Well...progress. Wiped the hard drive this time rather than letting the Macpostfactor key upgrade Lion and...well, this time it seems to have installed the drivers itself?
As far as can tell I've got a working system, with graphics!

So does this mean MPF2.1 installs drivers? The docks not right though.

Anything else I need to do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 08.53.54.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 08.53.54.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 336
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 08.54.08.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 08.54.08.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.