Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I have tried this when i try to drag Windows support and the Windows 10 iso and the Wintousb to Windows 10 they don,t stay there,what am i doing wrong? :(Why is this not working?:(

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I can't drag and drop on macOS Catalina?I also tried it with VM Ware Fusion 14 this one down below
it was just the same drag and drop not working, I previously had done this on Mojave that is still working ,but as I had a post about the bootcamp not allowing me to get back to Mac OS .I know that it want show on the start up in system preferences with Catalina.
I think I updated to early but as I don't have any backups as I deleted them :(I see there is no way of going back to Mojave.:(i hope someone cab sort this drag and drop problem out I see both videos are using Mojave has anyone tried it on Catalina?

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I can,t beleave no one can help me with this and other problems i have put up on here.:(

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
I have Parallels in Catalina and use it to run a Windows 10 VM. I also have BootCamp on an external SSD (Thunderbolt) which I do not use with Parallels.

I didn't use Parallels to install BootCamp.

I don't understand your problem. I have no problems dragging and dropping files from Catalina to my Parallels Windows 10 VM.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Are you trying to install windows on an external drive or use paralells or vmware to run it off an external drive. I've done this before and its quite easy, copy the virtual machine (the container) to where ever you want, double click and viola its running

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
As in the first video with parallels to make it on an external drive, I did that but when I tried to drag Windows Support, Wintousb, and the iso-image but they would not stay in Windows as in the video. Ten I tried the VM version of how to do it, I had the same problem. Like the guy in the first video, it would be easier to do it with parallels. I have done Windows10 on VM ware as in the second video, but as I have put another post on here about the Bootcamp icon when trying to get back to Mac OS it says it can,t find the drive that stopped working when I was on MOJAVE.
So I was trying to do a new one that hopefully the Bootcamp icon would work.:)

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
Bootcamp Installation Error"CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9" I can't erase that CCCOMA disk no matter what I've tried. I need to be able to somehow erase that disk and download Windows 10
I did all the stuff as on the VM Ware video to get Windows on a external drive :(When i done it did not show on the start up disc.The drive that i done it on shows all the Windows stuf the drive was e drive it contains PERLOGS/PROGRAM FILES X86/USERS /WINDOWS/WINDOWS SUPORT.Another thing is the try the options when i start the computer it just goes to Mac Nno other choice ?I just wish i had not updated to OS Catalina:(i have been backing up but when i tried to reinstal it said i had no TM BACKUP and yet it showed a disc that said back up on it but it was not the green time machine icon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.