Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagicMolecule

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2022
Greetings all

I need to use some patches now, but I have never done that before.
I read in Google that I need install patches on my iMac.

To do that I need to "click on patch management" and so here I am asking where do I find patch management on my iMac, because I failed to find it on my own.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

MagicMolecule

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2022
I cannot be specific about what patch and for what purpose. But I can tell you that we are not talking about general software updates.
Can't you just tell how do I install a patcher on iMac in principle?

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
I cannot be specific about what patch and for what purpose.

Hard to help you if you can't be more specific than that.

Can't you just tell how do I install a patcher on iMac in principle?

By running Software Update.

To do that I need to "click on patch management" and so here I am asking where do I find patch management on my iMac, because I failed to find it on my own.

My guess is you don't have ManageEngine Endpoint Central?

bollman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2001
Lund, Sweden
Right, if you can't tell us what it is you are trying to achieve, we will be hard pressed to help you.
You posted this in an iOS-forum, asking for help with "patches" on mac, not wanting to divulge what kind of patches.

I manage a couple of thousand macOS and iOS devices at work using Jamf Pro. Depending on what it is you want to patch, the tools, and the process can differ greatly.

Also, ManageEngine is not one of the preferred tools for managing macs in the Mac Admin community. Most are using Jamf Pro, Munki or even MECM.

Reactions: chrfr

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I’m not even sure about “what was the problem”.
Same, but I thought I’d ask. There may be someone else out there who’s forced to use ManageEngine over one of the more mainstream management tools.

MagicMolecule

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2022
Same, but I thought I’d ask. There may be someone else out there who’s forced to use ManageEngine over one of the more mainstream management tools.
Understood, but I am pretty sure me disclosing the nature of the issue I had won't help your case...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.