Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Is it possible to use my App Store/iTunes credit balance to pay for app subscriptions? I have a few 3rd party apps and Apple Arcade.... the monthly payment always defaults to my credit card on file.... but I would prefer to pay this using my credit, which only gets used up for app purchases and monthly iCloud storage.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Is it possible to use my App Store/iTunes credit balance to pay for app subscriptions?

I just checked my bills for the last couple of months and all my app subscriptions were paid from store credit.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I just checked my bills for the last couple of months and all my app subscriptions were paid from store credit.

Do you have a credit card on file? Perhaps I have to remove the one I have on file so it can default to store credit.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
If you have store credit, payment should default to that first (even if you have a credit card on file).

I have Netflix, iCloud storage and HBO Now subscriptions billed through iTunes since I have accumulated a good amount of gift cards from my bday and holidays. The payment is always deducted from store credit on the receipts that Apple sends to me.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Screenshot?
If you have store credit, payment should default to that first (even if you have a credit card on file).

I have Netflix, iCloud storage and HBO Now subscriptions billed through iTunes since I have accumulated a good amount of gift cards from my bday and holidays. The payment is always deducted from store credit on the receipts that Apple sends to me.
Yes. In my payment options it is 2nd.

That's so bizzare... I definitely have the store credit listed first on my list of payment options. I have over $100 in my balance... But for some reason it still bills my credit card for all subscriptions.

I wonder if it's because I'm using the family account and I am the main account which pays for everything.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
That's so bizzare... I definitely have the store credit listed first on my list of payment options. I have over $100 in my balance... But for some reason it still bills my credit card for all subscriptions.

I wonder if it's because I'm using the family account and I am the main account which pays for everything.

I would reach out to Apple. That seems very odd that your credit card on file is billed even though you have credit in your account.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I would reach out to Apple. That seems very odd that your credit card on file is billed even though you have credit in your account.

Yeah I'll start a chat with them today. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.