Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woodlandjustin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
I usually use Preview to read and annotate pdf documents on my Macbook. I wish there was Preview for ios!

Is there any good way I can annotate pdf documents on my iphone and synch the files to my Macbook and use a program on my Macbook to annotate (and change the annotations on) the same files?

I know I am asking about iphone but I figure there are pdf readers that work on iphone and ipad but maybe no-one uses them much on iphone, so I am asking here!

Many thanks!

Reactions: AlliFlowers

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I usually use Preview to read and annotate pdf documents on my Macbook. I wish there was Preview for ios!

Is there any good way I can annotate pdf documents on my iphone and synch the files to my Macbook and use a program on my Macbook to annotate (and change the annotations on) the same files?

I know I am asking about iphone but I figure there are pdf readers that work on iphone and ipad but maybe no-one uses them much on iphone, so I am asking here!

Many thanks!

I do exactly this with PDF Expert and Dropbox. I can annotate documents on my iPad or iPhone. The changes are automatically saved in Dropbox. Once I am at my computer, I open the files with Preview and can see all annotations and edit them if I need to. Again, the changes are automatically saved in Dropbox. This workflow has been seamless for me for many years now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.