Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Does anyone else find the banner annoying? It breaks the tap title to scroll to top function. And I have noticed some apps put content under the banner... Is there no other way Apple can show us we have connections to our hotspot? Or am I the only one annoyed by it?

Reactions: GreyOS

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
The whole personal hotspot needs fixed anyway. The banner gets in the way, there's no way to know what's connected, and no way to quickly disconnect from it, or disconnect devices from the phone.

Reactions: diamond.g

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Yeah really not needed. Of all the tapable double height banners, the only useful one is return to call. That can require a quick action. Personal hotspot settings are not an emergency, so just make it a normal height status bar that's blue (to indicate) but you just have to go to settings like normal to change anything. Or on the newer devices, make it 3D Touch so a hard press takes you to settings.

NoBanners

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2018
What is worse is accidentally touching this throws up the hotspot screen with access password.

The banner is bad, but Apple didn't think it through that they are regularly displaying the password for hotspot. This happens way to many times when I reach for the phone or dare to touch the top area. Of course, when this happens I and everyone around me can see screen.

Just give me an option to enable/disable. Let me decide.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
What is worse is accidentally touching this throws up the hotspot screen with access password.

The banner is bad, but Apple didn't think it through that they are regularly displaying the password for hotspot. This happens way to many times when I reach for the phone or dare to touch the top area. Of course, when this happens I and everyone around me can see screen.

Just give me an option to enable/disable. Let me decide.
Username checks out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.