Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day
- Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post to maintain all the formatting.

** To see all of our past POTD threads (up to July 2013) please see the sticky thread here**
** To see all of the POTD threads from August 2013 onwards see the thread here**

529FB8BC-C08B-4AED-A201-47EDD270B064.jpeg

One last pic from my recent fire station visit... and my first time starting the PotD thread. ?

Last edited:

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Wekeiva - 2500px-18.jpg

Saw this group of three as I was approaching a campsite. Made the loop through the campsite as I checked it out for future and they caught up with me as about to exit. However, converging from the opposite direction was a group of four. Found myself in the middle of a fight as they didn't tolerate each other. Unfortunately, due to the combination of fast action, shaded area and lousy backdrop (road and RV's) as they darted into openings in the ground cover I didn't get any photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.