Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
As noted in Yesterdays exterior photo, the interior photo of the Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche with it's centerpiece statue.

St Augustine Camping copy9.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
As noted in Yesterdays exterior photo, the interior photo of the Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche with it's centerpiece statue.

View attachment 872974
These sort of venues are a nightmare to expose correctly.
[automerge]1572274118[/automerge]
Yes, I Photoshop the picture, but I started out a long time ago using Photoshop before I started with Photography. The picture of Frankenstein isn't copyrighted and it's OK to modify the image.
The one on the left was a long time poster on here!

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Can’t remember if I’ve shared this before.
One of the prettiest churches I’ve ever visited.

76f2aa359ee06e444e59ab85e4139629.jpg

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
Thank you; you've just reminded me that I have a Panasonic G1 converted to 680nm IR, and with the bright winter sunshine coming it will be ideal to get some time in with it ;)

How do you PP colour shots? I generally do a channel swap then some tonal cleanup and done.

Here's one I took a couple of years ago in 680nm, as you can see the golden tones are creeping in at this IR range...

View attachment 872965

Cheers :)

Hugh
Very nice!

I just learned of a different technique from channel swapping that I prefer: inverse color.

Move the image into PS (either from LR or directly importing it). Change the mode to Lab.

Highlight the channels tab to view the channels. Highlight the b channel and then press CMD-i. This will invert the colors in the b channel. You can then stop if you like what you see. You can also try inverting the a channel. Sometimes one or both of these will be enough.

If you want to get fancier, you can create a curves adjustment layer. Then pick either the a or b channel. You will see a spike in the center of the curve with a white arrow on the right at the bottom and a black arrow on the left at the bottom.

In RGB mode, these arrows would represent white and black clipping points respectively. But in Lab mode, since luminance values are all in the L channel, they adjust the colors in the pic. So by playing with these sliders in both the a and b channels you get massive control over how the colors in the IR pic are displayed. Since they are sliders, it's very easy to experiment and see the changes in real time. Coupled with inverting the a and/or b channels, it's fairly easy to get the colors to display the way you want them.

I've found that Lab mode is awesome for IR pics and often works better than a standard channel swap.

Reactions: Hughmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.