Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mossme89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
I think it has something to do with location information, which is glitching. But it occurs even when network connections are disabled.

Update: It only occurs with photos that have an unknown location.

Is anyone else having this problem?

How to reproduce:
1. Open Photos app and select multiple photos.
2. Try to add a new keyword
2a. You might be able to add a keyword if you paste in a string, but typing is a no-go.

Last edited:

jgrove

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2006
I think it has something to do with location information, which is glitching. But it occurs even when network connections are disabled.

Update: It only occurs with photos that have an unknown location.

Is anyone else having this problem?

How to reproduce:
1. Open Photos app and select multiple photos.
2. Try to add a new keyword
2a. You might be able to add a keyword if you paste in a string, but typing is a no-go.

Keywording is added directly to the image itself, as such if the image is offline then it won't apply the metadata. It is my understanding that your image must be online, for key wordings to work.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
I have a very similar bug. It will let me type in the keyword, but then the cursor will lose "focus" and I'd have to click again to add another keyword, and so on. Such a pain for adding multiple keywords. I've filed a bug report. Happens regardless of set location/none.

blue2noise

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
Hello. Did you ever get a fix for this. Same thing is happening for me and it is maddening.

qtaran111

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Hello. Did you ever get a fix for this. Same thing is happening for me and it is maddening.
If you still have a problem with this, check Location Services. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > select Location Services then scroll down in the right panel to find Photos and check the box. Once you’ve checked the box, close System Preferences, reboot fire up Photos and then it should work, it did for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.