Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
I miss going to the mountains, now they are very crowded also. Not to mention it takes 2-3 times longer to get anywhere.

I think this is one reason I've resorted towards close up and a bit abstract in my photography, unless I'm photographing storms or something.
your storm pics are amazing :)

Reactions: slitherjef

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Ok here we go, not sure if this completely counts, but I did take this photo with my XL 2... One of my experiments...

IMG_20191029_192249-01.jpeg

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Hey that's cool, i like how the shutter was left open for the last photo, is that an auto setting or manual?

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Hey that's cool, i like how the shutter was left open for the last photo, is that an auto setting or manual?

thank you.
The last photo is a "Live Photo". You take the Live Photo, open it from the Photos app. Drag the photo up and underneath are some options to pick from. In this case the multiple photos are merged into one photo.
Anything moving is blurred, anything stationary stays sharp.
you need to have a steady hand or use a tripod/monopod to minimize phone movement. In this case I did it hand-held as there was plenty of light to keep the shutter speed fast.
It’s a trick of the iPhone Live Photo’s to simulate slow shutter speed.
It’s fun, try it out. Practice will get you what you want.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
thank you.
The last photo is a "Live Photo". You take the Live Photo, open it from the Photos app. Drag the photo up and underneath are some options to pick from. In this case the multiple photos are merged into one photo.
Anything moving is blurred, anything stationary stays sharp.
you need to have a steady hand or use a tripod/monopod to minimize phone movement. In this case I did it hand-held as there was plenty of light to keep the shutter speed fast.
It’s a trick of the iPhone Live Photo’s to simulate slow shutter speed.
It’s fun, try it out. Practice will get you what you want.
Thanks for that tip. BRB buying tripod :D

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Thanks for that tip. BRB buying tripod :D
[/

Pay close attention to the size of the mounting screw/hole. There are 2 different standard sizes. It seems most phone mounts take the smaller size, but YMMV.
Shop with a detailed eye.

Reactions: Oohara
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.